daydream

when Taehyun wakes up it's dark. his face scrunches in discomfort when the smell of urine, feces, sweat and many other scents that he should not be surrounded with, enter his nose.

it's dirty, the floor feels rough on his bare feet. it feels cold, like industrial tiles. but for some reason, it's bumpy. like hardened concrete that hadn't been handled properly. 

he tries taking a deep breath to wake himself up but immediately coughs at the amount of dust and the thickness of the stench in the room. his eyes flutter open only to feel them water due to the unhealthy chemicals in the air.  

a heavy weight pulls on his leg when he moves forward to sit up. he forces himself to straighten his back to look at the origin of whatever's keeping his leg in place. 

he keeps his breaths as shallow as he can. the smell in the room was so thick and unbearable that it clouds Taehyun's mind, making it impossible to think of anything else. let alone question how he got there. or where his Hyungs are.

Taehyun squints his eyes in an attempt to get a clear look at his legs in the pitch black darkness. but to no avail, it's too dark for him to see anything.

he then tries a different method. reaching his hand towards his ankle where the pressure seems to be the highest. 

it feels like metal on his skin.

his hand travels lower..

trailing the chain of metal rings connecting his ankle to the wall.

suddenly, the reason for his erratic breathe is not the thick smell engulfing the room. 

he can't move.

.........

*a good few hours earlier*

"now if you don't mind, I'll take what's mine and leave you be" 

Soobin turned around, his arm extending in front of his friend in an act that can only be seen as protective. and under different circumstances, he'd feel like his acts are doing their jobs. but right now, he just feels pathetic. he feels powerless. because he is, isn't he?

Soobin's a skilled man. but he is, just a boy after all. he doesn't have magical powers. or in human strength. he's not invincible, especially not  against 10+ armored men. 

he can stand there all he wants. but the truth is, they'll get what they want. it's only a question of whether he'll try to resist or not.

which gives him two options. 

give them what they want. 

or

 try to resist,

fail,

get hurt, possibly killed

and then they'll take what they want by force.

he didn't notice how heavy his body is until he puts both his hands up to surrender, compared to his usually featherlight movements, it dawns on him that he's really, really, not in a good state. his head raises, his eyes follow right after. meeting the, from what he can assume, is the person responsible for taking Kai 10 years ago.

the man looks around his early 60s. his beard soon to be white with a few last black stands. his black eyes pierce holes into Soobin's body, and the younger is startled for feeling a bit intimidated. something that doesn't happen often.

no, scratch that. it's been about 7 years since he had felt actual fear of being in another person's presence. that in itself, made his body slightly tremble. a tiny shake that wasn't even visible to others. but Soobin felt it.