it starts with us

*after two weeks*

there were aromas of fresh baked cinnamon bread and chocolate around the house. the tall figure made its way around the light brown and white kitchen. grabbing ingredients and re-reading the recipe from the cookbook on the sturdy, clear kitchen island.

the air was warm from the radiator next to the brown, soft sofa and he turned it off when he felt like it was getting too hot for his liking. he checked the bread in the oven, poking it with a chopstick to see if it had fully cooked yet when a set of arms wrapped themselves around his stomach, lightly, as to not hurt the almost completely healed wound.

Soobin got up from his crouched position next to the over, something pressed on his back as he moved, and he inhaled the pine tree, citrusy smell.

"hey baby..." Yeonjun said while his face nuzzled in Soobin's shirt. "what are you making?"

the younger turned around, meeting with post shower Yeonjun that had dripped shower water from his hair on the wooden floor. the older was wearing a soft oversized pastel blue hoodie with black leggings. a drop of water hit his nose and he took one of the blue long sleeves to wipe it off.

Soobin smiled adoringly, his eyes turning twice as bright at the sight of his boyfriend looking like a blue teddy bear.

"I thought..." Soobin's hand went to circle Yeonjun's waist, pulling his closer. "that we could have dessert before dinner, I made cinnamon rolls" he kissed Yeonjun's cheek, pulling away just a little bit so that he could have a view of Yeonjun's eyes.

Yeonjun blushed, his ears turning a bright red shade while he tried to keep his heart in his chest and stop it from beating so loud.

before he knew it, he was in the air, legs wrapped around Soobin as the younger made his way over to the counter.

"what are you doing idiot!" he yelled "what about your woun-" a pair of lips on his shut him up and he was gently placed on top of the counter as Soobin pinned his hips down with his palms. Yeonjun moaned softly, his hand going to brush through Soobin's hair.

Yeonjun tilted his head, giving the younger a bit more space to work with while Soobin took the hint and his lips found their way to Yeonjun's Jaw and neck, while eventually biting a certain spot next to the older's ears.

"hey!" Yeonjun exclaimed while Soobin giggled in his neck. "what was that for?"

Soobin threw his head back, laughing hysterically while lowering Yeonjun to the floor.

"I need a better boyfriend..." Yeonjun mumbled to himself while putting on his house slippers and side eyeing Soobin who was clearly amused about the whole thing.

"Taehyunnie said he wanted something sweet so I decided to test my baking skills, do you want hot chocolate?"

Yeonjun huffed in fake annoyance which was clear because he still looked at Soobin like he was the one who hung the stars in the sky. his playful expression however dying slowly after hearing that their dongsaeng finally came out of his room today, not just to drink water or go to the bathroom.

"how is he..?" the older feels hesitant to ask while fixing Soobin's half fallen apron. he tries to make his tone light as possible but they all know it'll take time for everyone, and they mean, every single one of them to heal from what they went through.

it was no secret that two weeks ago they reached their lowest point. not just one of them, but all of them had a piece of their heart broken that night.

uncertainty, pain, hurt, sadness, fear, horror, anger. guilt.

these were not things that could disappear overnight. and they knew it.