chocolate

"So, do we just... ask?" Beomgyu asked, sipping on his mug.

"I know you have a lot of questions... I'll try to answer what I can" Kai said quietly.

It's almost scary the way the younger changed his attitude.

They're not used to him looking them in the eyes, let alone speaking more than 2 words at a time.

"You don't have to push yourself..." Taehyun whispered besides him.

"Just ask..." the younger said.

"Can I start?" Soobin asked, sitting on the floor with Yeonjun.

Kai nodded.

"Were you... born this way?" Soobin started with a light question.

"Yes, as far as I know" Kai's voice was clear as Crystal. It seemed like the younger had made his mind.

"I have a question!" Beomgyu raised his hand as if he was in math class.

Kai looked at him.

"Do you like chocolate?" Beomgyu smiled, giving him a big chocolate candy.

The younger looked at him dumbfounded.

A few seconds of silence passed and Beomgyu lowered his reaching hand. "Did I make you uncomfortable?" He asked, his smile disappeared, he lowered his head as well, looking at Soobin with regret before a giggle stopped him.

He snapped his head to where the sound came from, to see Kai smiling widely at him, his tiny white fang revealed.

"You're amusing Hyung" he said, taking the chocolate candy from the very stunned boy's hand.

And he wasn't the only one stunned.

All 4 boys looked at the interaction with wide eyes, who turned even more surprised when they saw the youngest smiling for the first time.

His smile bright and innocent, radiating warmth despite his cold nature. He was beautiful to look at..

Kai looked at them back, his smile faded to a scared expression and he dropped the candy.

"Sorry..." he said. "I didn't mean to take it"

"No!" Beomgyu squealed "wow, you are really dense aren't you?" He picked the candy off the floor, lightly throwing it back on Kai's lap.

"We're just surprised that's all" Beomgyu added.

Taehyun took the candy, opening it up for Kai.

"Your laugh is pretty kai-ah..." he said, holding the piece of chocolate in front of the boy's lips.

The younger smiled letting himself get fed by Taehyun.

"Tasty right?" Beomgyu's eyes sparkled.

Kai nodded, chewing on the sweet Carmel.

Cuteeee Yeonjun thought, looking at Kai with pure admiration. If he wasn't sure that adding Kai into their group was the right choice, he was damn sure of it now.

Kai was officially their young brother.

Soobin bit his tongue, looking over at the young boy.

"I have a question"

Kai signaled "go ahead" with a simple nod.

"What did you call the place you were in? Does it have a name?"

"The name?" The younger closed his eyes for a second "I'm sure it had one, but they referred to it as "the facility" "

"I see.." Soobin said, looking at Yeonjun, the older gave him an affirming nod.