let me out

"just know that if I could save anyone in this room. I'd save you"

Soobin listened intently, tears hanging from each one of his eyes, just waiting to fall at his Beomgyu's kind, genuine words.

"ouch.." Yeonjun mumbled but it was clear from his tone that he was trying to tease them for being so sappy.

Beomgyu giggled warmly. 

"Sorry gramps.. don't worry you're my second choice after sir kill joy."

Soobin laughed, it sounded a bit watery from his tears but he didn't care. his heart felt lighter. of course they were in a not so ideal situation but his friends ability to stay positive no matter what brought a smile to his face. 

"ya!" Yeonjun faked being offended. "do you think you'll stay young forever brat? you're lucky I can't reach you or else you'd be getting a smack or two"

Beomgyu was about to answer with another sassy comment when Soobin chimed in.

"hey guys.. where's Hyunnie?" He asks. 

he waited a while to ask that question. thinking they'd eventually spot his sleeping figure somewhere in the room after getting used to seeing in the dark lighting. but he doesn't see anyone but them. his eyes jump to every corner in the room to try and see if he missed a spot but the fact remains, Taehyun wasn't there.

"can you even see something Binnie..?" Yeonjun questions in confusion. he woke up long before Soobin had and he still couldn't really see anything except some shadows moving and the small spot of light coming from what it seems to be the thin crack of the door.

"not a lot but enough to know he's not in here.." Soobin answer while panicking a little bit. it always made him nervous when they weren't all together or when he didn't know one's whereabouts. 

Kai not being there did make sense on some level considering he's the one they wanted, probably have him in a separate room doing god knows what to him.

he never really told them the extent of the things he's gone through being here besides the tiny amount of information on the punishments and experiments he had done on him.  

a memory popped in Soobin's head as he thought about the younger. one where Kai told him the people responsible for him had ripped his fang out. and how there wasn't a clear reason for why they did that.

Soobin wondered if they did that for their own pleasure, just to get off on his pain. Soobin had met people like that before. it was surprisingly but not so much a surprise how common it was amongst gangs and certain mafias. 

Soobin had spent a great amount of nights thinking about why the so called "facility" wanted Kai in the first place. they had him for 10 years after all... Kai must have some sort of significance beyond what he had told them or what they could have seen.

"I can't see anything... Beom do you see Hyunnie near you?" Yeonjun asked with almost the same amount of panic in his voice.

Beomgyu squinted his eyes hoping that the act will give him better sight which worked but he was still not seeing very clearly. only spotting a few big black figures which he assumed are Yeonjun and Soobin, but no third figure.

"I can't see him either.. Hyungs, I don't think he's in here."

................

"guys?!" Taehyun's shaky yell echoed through the walls but there had been no response for his desperate cries for help. his eyes burned trying to get used to the lack of lighting while fighting off the pungent smell that seemed to have been getting worst by the second.