not the vibe

"You can eat Kai....no need to ask for permission" Soobin said.

They sat down on the carpet, a big bowl of instant noodles in the middle and some Kimbap rolls Yeonjun fetched last minute.

Soobin blew on his ramen, waiting to see everyone taking their first bite, he noticed the younger hesitating, not even picking up his chopsticks, looking around awkwardly.

"Ah...yes Hyung, thank you" Kai said quietly, followed by a slight bow he held up his chopsticks clumsily.

"Eat well hyuka-ya..." Soobin encouraged him, in hopes that the younger would gain some necessary weight.

Kai hummed, taking a small bite of his food, allowing Soobin to take a bite too.

"WAA it's so good Hyung" Beomgyu chirped with his mouth full of noodles, some even hung out the sides of his mouth.

"Hey punk! I told you not to speak with your mouth full didn't I?" Soobin raised his voice but it carried no anger or anything else.

"You two are giving me a headache" Yeonjun sighed. "Just shut up and eat"

"Grandpa mode..." Beomgyu whispered to Kai "Don't worry it'll pass"

Taehyun giggled at his friends antics, they wouldn't last a day without bickering with one another.

"What are you whispering about brat?" Yeonjun spat, yet again, to Kai's surprise, there was no malice or anger in his voice.

Beomgyu's eyes sparkled, trying to hold his laugh. "Nothing Hyung" he took another big bite of noodles, slurping them away before mumbling under his breath "Oldie..."

Soobin nudged Yeonjun with his shoulder, his eyes squinting hinting at a future smile. "See.." he pointed at Beomgyu "I told you we should've left him in the Childern center"

Yeonjun sighed "I know right... life would be so much easier" he whined, but a slight smile appeared on the face, looking at Beomgyu with the same exact sparkle.

"Aish hyung didn't we talk about this already?" Beomgyu shoved a piece of kimbap in his mouth. "I'm your favorite" he said, mischief all over his face.

"Ugh... I really can't stand him anymore" Yeonjun said to Soobin who was too invested in his food to respond, occasionally glancing at Kai to make sure he's eating as well.

"Hey! I heard that.." Beomgyu pouted.

"Well I said it out loud didn't I?" Yeonjun laughed at the dramatic offended look on Beomgyu's face

"Meanie... "

Soobin tuned out their conversation, pouring the younger three the rest of the noddles.

"Hyung, do you want the soup left? There's plenty"

Yeonjun nodded excitedly, make Soobin smile widely before filling his bowl with the entirety of the pot's contents.

"You don't want some too?" Yeonjun asked, ready to split the serving with the younger.

"I'm full, eat well Hyung, I know you love the soup" Soobin replied, his voice becoming slightly shy at the end of the sentence.

Yeonjun pinched his cheek before taking a big sip from his bowl.

"Ahh... this is the best"

Soobin looked at him with heart eyes, admiring his Hyung's ability to draw happiness out of trivial things.

"Anybody noticed there are only 4 beds?" Taehyun said after a few moments of silence.

Beomgyu looked around, confused for a second before realizing they are not 4 anymore.

"Ah.. I can slee-" Yeonjun started saying.

"My sleeping bag is over there" Soobin pointed at the passage between both rooms. The thin mattress already set with a few of the motel's ragged pillows.

"Soobin-ah, are you crazy?.." Yeonjun protested "you're injured, you can't sleep on the floor"

Taehyun's eyes widened, he stopped eating and looked Soobin up and down.

"Hyung are you injured..?" he asked, worry and guilt in his voice that he didn't notice Soobin's injury.

"It's not even deep enough to be considered a cut hyunnie, Yeonjun's just being dramatic"

"You had to sew-"

"Hyung." Soobin gave Yeonjun a stern look, anxiety threatened to spike in him when he looked at Taehyun's worried eyes "I'm fine hyunnie" he smiled, getting up and showing the younger that he's indeed not in pain.

Yeonjun looked at him with skeptical eyes, looking for any signs of pain or discomfort in his body.

Soobin hasn't failed noticing Yeonjun burning stare at him.

"Look.. even if there were 5 beds I would still sleep between both rooms, I'll sleep better knowing I have fast access to all of you, okay?" He calmly explained, resting his hand on Yeonjun's shoulder.

Yeonjun sighed yet again. "Fine..." he said deflated, knowing how stubborn the younger is, it was a losing fight.

Beomgyu watched with mixed feelings, remembering how dazed and sleepy Soobin was when he opened the shower door just 2 hours ago.

Kai looked down the whole conversation, playing with the bits left of his food.

Soobin sat back down, trying to not let his dizziness from the sudden movement show.

"Seriously guys, stop looking at me like that..." he said, hoping the heavy silence would stop.

"We're just worried bin bin.." Yeonjun said "but if you say you're okay than I believe you" the older took a mental note to keep an eye on Soobin, just in case.

"Thank you" he exhaled in relief, why did they have to make such a big deal out of this? He can handle a small cut, he went through worse.

"Ok..ay.." Beomgyu broke the awkward silence "I'm gonna go to sleep then." He slowly stood up, a heavy feeling in his chest.

"Okay beomie" Soobin spoke quietly "sleep well"

Beomgyu hummed "thanks for the food"

Taehyun sensed the weird vibe in the room, taking the hint he stood up too. Kai lifted his eyes from his bowl, looking at him with confusion

"I'm feeling tired too" Taehyun said, sending a little smile towards his Hyungs, he took Kai's hand in his.

"Let's get you some sleep, you must be tired"

Kai nodded, supported by Taehyun's hands on his back they entered their room.

"Nice one Junnie" Soobin said coldly "you scared them away"

"Soobin-ah.." Yeonjun said, his tone too sad and exhausted for Soobin's liking.

"No Hyung, this is fucking ridiculous"

"I agree, you are fucking ridiculous" Yeonjun's raised his voice slightly.

Soobin chuckled sarcastically.

"Get a grip Hyung"