angel

"Do you realize what you're saying, hyung?" Soobin looked at yeonjun with disbelief and disappointment.

Out of all people Yeonjun should be on his side, after everything they've been through, after what had happened. How could they let anyone into their group?

"Soobin-ah...." Yeonjun said in his soft tone.

Soobin cursed his Hyung's gentle tone, as if it wasn't already hard on him to argue with Yeonjun. now he has to resist the way he says his name so smoothly, with so much care and worry in his words.

"This kid.... he looks even younger than taehyunie, I can't- I can't leave him here. I won't forgive myself if we leave him here.." Yeonjun continued, he knew why Soobin was so wary of strangers, but this was no normal stranger.

Yeonjun may be a criminal, a savage one at that, but that's not his true nature, he just wants to help. He steals so that he can give his friends the life they deserve. The freedom they all needed when he found them, when they found him.

"I don't trust him hyung. Not even one bit, I won't risk Beomgyu and Taehyun for a mere stranger...." he trailed off, moving his gaze towards the floor "not again.." he said with a hint of guilt in his voice. He won't let the past repeat itself.

"What happened with Yeosang...." Yeonjun started, a bit hesitant to bring up the heavy topic.

"Don't say his name." soobin snapped.

"It's not the same soobin."

"How do you know!?" Soobin yelled, tears started forming at the edge of his eyes. "How do you know that it won't happen again?" He lowers his voice in case the others hear him from the other room.

He couldn't help it anymore and burst into tears, reminiscing on his former best friend. The betrayal still vivid and painful in his memory.

Yeonjun engulfed the younger into a comforting hug. "It's okay baby, it wasn't your fault back then, and it's not your fault now..." he said the words Soobin was desperate to hear, desperate to believe in. Was it really not his fault for letting a snake into their house without even knowing it?

"Soobin-ah.... I have to take this kid with us. You know I have to.. right?"

"To hell with your savior complex hyung, I hate you." Soobin said with the intent to sound pissed off but the fact that he was crying made it seem like a kid who's angry at their parents for not buying them the toy they wanted.

"If anything happens hyung... I won't forgive you." Soobin said while hugging Yeonjun tighter, he knew he could never be mad at his Hyung, he will always forgive him no matter what.

....................

Kai's legs felt wobbly and cold, the panic attack drained the rest of his remaining energy. he undressed himself, peeling the damp dirty clothes off his body.

Finally, he gathered the courage to look up, his eyes meeting with a broken mirror, hung on top of the counter. He was met with an unfamiliar face, the kid stared back at him, he had odd colored, deep, triple lidded eyes, dark messy hair that seemed to stick at every direction and a high pointed nose with a little bump in the middle.

He abserved the figure for a few more minutes before realizing he was looking at himself. A grown version of himself. In his mind he was still a 9 year old kid, with chubby cheeks and a curious expression.

It scared him, the figure was too broken, too dirty... of course no one would want him, just by one look at his face he could tell he was disgusting. The odd eyes screamed "monster" in his ears, as if he wasn't already feeling like a unwanted creature.

He stared at his hands, allowing the light blue hue to creep at the tips of his fingers, creating tiny blue flames.

It felt like he was greeting an old childhood friend. he stopped the blue tint and got into the shower, feeling slightly better.

Standing under the dripping faucet. Taking his time, washing away the dried spots of blood, the small cuts and the stinky mix of dirt and sweat.

If felt odd.

"You have five minutes" the guard pushed Kai towars the shallow poddle of water.

Kai felt the ground with his hands trying to find the water source. He took a few handfuls of water and dumped it onto his hair, cleaning the long days off of him as fast as he could.

Showers were short, at some point he gave up undressing and simply drenched himself with as much water as he could before his time ran out.

"Two minutes" he heard the guard's impatient voice, knowing that if he disobeyed there will be consequences.

He took one last handful of the water and washed his mouth before spitting the liquid back of the ground. Tasting the metal aftertaste on his tongue.

"Time's up"

Kai crawled back at the direction of the voice and felt the shackles back on his wrists, pulling him towards his cell.

"Kai..." he heard a faint voice, it sounded hesitant and small outside of the room. reflexively, he guarded himself before he even registered that the voice wasn't the facility's guard's voice.

the contrast between the harsh unforgiving tone he grew to memorize and the sweet, small voice talking to him right now was confusing.

"Are you doing okay over there?" Taehyun asked tentatively.

Kai shook his head trying to ignore the memory that popped into his mind.

"I got you some clothes can you come out?" Taehyun asked again. But no answer was coming through the door.

"I told you, Hyung" he turned to Beomgyu. "Maybe you should do it..."

"He's not harmful Taehyunnie. plus he seems your age. maybe you'd get along if you just tried....."

The door opened a jar, revealing a long slander hand peeking from the crack, asking for the clothes.

Beomgyu gestured towards the very confused taehyun, telling him to bring Kai what he had asked for.

Taehyun reached over carefully and placed the clean clothes in Kai's palm before the door closed again.

"See?" Beomgyu said with a an "I told you" expression.

The door opened once again, the young male, now dressed in an oversized black shirt and warm leggings. his hair dripping small droplets of water. he pulled it back to avoid water getting in his eyes.

His cheeks now wearing a pink tint from the cold but he didn't care. He never felt this clean before.

He looked at the two strangers who were looking at him back in surprise and slight shock. Kai immediately felt like he's done something wrong.

He subconsciously tilted his head sideways as if asking for an explanation for the weird looks he was getting, especially from a certain redhead who seemed to have the wind knocked of him.

"He's kinda cute." Beomgyu whispered shamelessly in Taehyun's ear. The younger blushed like a tomato, turning to glare over his Hyung before returning to stare at Kai. With his hair pushed back and his face clean they could now see his unique facial features.

"Is he an angel?" Taehyun wondered to himself. he realized he's never seem such a pretty person before, even with how pretty he was, the younger had a boyish charm to him, mainly because of his fierce eyes and broad yet skinny frame.

"Sorry....."