safe and sound

"Here" Beomgyu climed up the van, passing Taehyun a water bottle. "How is he?" He took a glance at the beaten boy who was less than half aware of his surroundings, laying on Taehyun's lap not caring for the stuff covering it.

"I don't know.... he's not, he's not responding to me" Taehyun voice shook. "W-where is Soobin? And Yeonjun, why aren't they here yet?" Taehyun asked, craving his Hyungs' comfort.

"Soobin.. he's.." Beomgyu trailed off when Taehyun's head shot at his tone.

"What happened?" Taehyun asked in a panicked voice.

"Nothing! Nothing happened... Soobin said we have to leave soon. They're just getting ready that's all." Beomgyu hurried to calm the younger's panic, hoping that his voice wasn't too telling of the lie.

"Oh..." Taehyun's eyes welled in tears for God knows how many times today. He was sick of it... he really was. Sick of everything.

"Hey Hyunnie... why are you crying..?" Beomgyu's voice was soft and caring, unlike his usual teasing and loud one. He rested his hand on Taehyun's shoulder... patting it back and forth.

"I know, it's been rough lately. Especially with the new, albeit, cute addition to out team. But it'll be okay... we will all be okay."

"How do you know that?" Taehyun sniffled back, demanding answers like a five year old.

"I don't know anything, in fact the only thing that I know is that I don't know shit" he chuckled

"Then w-"

"Just have some faith will you?" Beomgyu's expression turned softer.

"It's just never been this bad before..."

"I know"

"It feels like we're running out of time"

"Taehyun... hyun-ah, look at me"

The younger shifted his gaze from Kai to Beomgyu. The older's heart dropped when he saw the younger's tears.

"Hyunnie.. me and you, Kai, yeonjun and Soobin. We will never run out of time. We're timeless Hyun-ah, stronger than you know... even if it doesn't feel like it"

He wiped the tears from the younger's face.

"I promise you"

..........

"Here, we can wrap this over your stomach" Yeonjun ripped two rounds of fabric of his under shirt. Taking off Soobin's sticky one and putting it in his bag.

"Thanks" Soobin voiced, flustered when Yeonjun took it upon himself to wrap his wound.

"No" he blushed. "I-i can do it by myself" he reached to take the fabric from the older's hand but the latter wouldn't let him.

"Sit your stubborn ass down, you're hurt"

"It's just a cut"

Yeonjun didn't mind the younger's protests and placed the wide string under Soobin's torso, wrapping it tightly around his stomach.

"Why are you blushing" Yeonjun giggled at the sight of the well known criminal redding at his act.

The younger got even more flushed.

"You're so cute Soobin I might actually bite you" he said, finishing the rough knot. He pinched Soobin's cheeks as if he was a baby, followed by him bopping his nose and placing a soft kiss there.

"S-stop that.." Soobin mumbled. His ears burned red at the gentleness of Yeonjun's care.

"I can't help myself, you should stop being cute. It's not my problem you look like an adorable bunny"

"We- we should go.. it's getting late" Soobin stuttered, unable to get a hold of himself after looking at Yeonjun's eyes for too long. Finding it absurd that the older still has the same affect on him even after nearly 6 years.

"How are we going to do that? We totalled our last car and you.." Yeonjun poked his finger in Soobin's chest. "Are not in a state to drive".

"Uhh.. Junnie Hyung" Soobin picked himself up, hand placed where his cut is. "We have a whole van right behind us.." he turned around, pointed at the big white van.

Talk about kidnappers cliché, seriously, they couldn't have been more obvious. Soobin thought to himself, wondering whether Taking the van is a good idea, but then again, it's not like they have any other choice.

"Okay.. but I'm driving" Yeonjun said decisively thought his tone wasn't exactly confident.

"Ahh Yes, drive us into another tree. That's a fun idea" Soobin went back to his seemingly strong and collected self, the red completely gone from his face.

"Soobin you can barely hold yourself upright!"

"I've dealt with worst" Soobin took a few steps closer to the older. "But you already know that don't you?" He winked, smirking at he reached over to open the driver's door. "Let's go!" ........

"Crazy bastard.."

"I heard that!"

....

"So.... where are we going?" Beomgyu tapped his fingers of the glass window, bored out of his mind as if they didn't go through a life or death situation.

"Honestly Beom... no idea" Soobin replied, surprising himself by his genuine answer.

They were driving for about 5 minutes, Soobin hoped to find a place where they can clean off. Maybe, if they are greedy enough, they can even get a good night sleep somewhere.

"So we're winging it? Cool.." Beomgyu said while drawing a flowery scene on the window.

Soobin looked at him, unable to fight back a smile. He adored Beomgyu for his childlike behavior, sometimes he couldn't understand how the younger was still so bright after having lived such depressing events. Even after losing everything, Beomgyu hasn't stopped being the energetic boy that he was. A sunshine that got through Soobin's gray life, reminding him that there Is more to life than hurt.

"Hyung.." Beomgyu said after noticing Soobin's inconsistent glaces at him.

"Yes beom-ah"

"Hyung is okay right?" Beomgyu referred to Soobin in a third person's perspective, something that he does only when he wants to show concern in a more sincere way.

"Yes, hyung is okay, don't worry about me"

Beomgyu nodded, pouting his lips a bit, making him look even more like a kid.

"Try to get some sleep Beom-ah"

"Okay Hyungie.. what about you?"

"Hyung is not tired" Soobin lied. He in fact, could feel his eyelids heavy on his eyes. Not having slept well, losing blood and having a mild fever can apparently make you tired, who knew?

Soobin looked to the right, pleased to see Yeonjun sleeping peaceful, safe and sound next to him. That's all he could ever ask for. Nothing else mattered, than his friends being right beside him.

...........

A short chapter since I'm double updating today. Soobin's character kinda kills me honestly. I didn't intend to write him to be such a reliable, strong person but it's giving me some butterflies.