hold me

"What are you talking about hyunnie?" Soobin tried to not show the annoyance in his voice but he couldn't help roll his eyes at the same argument.

"Just hear me out Hyung" Taehyun put his hands defensively. "We have practically nowhere else to go right?"

"I told you I'll think of something" Soobin said impatiently as he called Yeonjun to come get his food. His stomach growled but he decided not to eat until he saw everyone eat their share of food.

"Hyung..." Taehyun looked at Soobin with puppy eyes that he knew Soobin couldn't resist. "Just keep an open mind for a second"

The older stopped whatever he was doing, taking a deep breath and turning over to Taehyun, giving him his full attention. "Fine... what is it?"

"Okay so, you know how your father's base was confiscated by the police after...." the younger trailed off "well.. after everything"

"Yeah.." Soobin lowered his eyes to the floor. Suddenly feeling his body heat up "So?"

"Well, a place at the police jurisdiction can never get sold. On top of that it can never be entered after investigations."

Soobin looked up again, he wanted to know if the younger was out of his mind or not.

"Hyun-ah... you're not actually suggesting-"

"But think about it Hyung" Taehyun cut him off. "It's the last place they'd think to search"

"Are you serious?!" Soobin was now mildly pissed, if it wasn't for Taehyun's sincere expression he might have been convinced that the younger was losing it.

"Hyung we literally have
no.where. to go."

"And that means we have to go out of our way to get caught?!" Soobin yelled, waking Kai up in the process.

Taehyun knew it would take a lot to convince the stubborn man but he had never expected Soobin to be mad.

"Do you even know Taehyun-ah, how much I've sacrificed to keep you safe?! To keep us safe?!" Soobin yelled again, gripping his hair, frustrated at everything.

"Soobin Hyung-"

"Do you even realize what will happen once I get caught? And it's not just the police. The police are the least of my concerns, there are people who want me dead!"

"Soobin, calm down please" Yeonjun came to Taehyun's aid, his hands reach to Soobin in hopes to calm the boy down with a hug but the younger pushed him away.

"Don't!" Soobin snapped, staring at Yeonjun.

"Soobin-ah.." Yeonjun said in the softest voice he could make "Taehyun might be right"

"I want to go back to Seoul too Hyung" Beomgyu chimed in.

Soobin looked at them in disbelief, did they really not trust him enough to figure something out? After all these years they should have some faith in him. The mere thought of going back to where he grow up, let alone his old gang base made him want to shoot himself in the head. And Yeonjun? Out all of them should know that this was not a good idea.

Soobin has given up everything he had for these boys, to keep them safe. Going against his own family, leaving his old life behind, to give them a second chance for life. All that just to go back to when it all went wrong, what were they thinking?

"Are you fucking kidding me Hyung?" Soobin spat towards Yeonjun.

Kai who was now awake flinched away from Soobin and curled into a ball at Taehyun's embrace, covering his ears to block Soobin's yells.

"Soobin-ah don't make a scene, we're all tired and we just want a place to sleep in"

"Do you think I'm not tired?! Huh? 

"Don't take this tone at me Soobin, I'm still older than you!" Yeonjun was slowly getting riled up, his lack of sleep was showing through the irritation in his voice.

"Can you guys stop please" Kai begged quietly, his face still pressed against Taehyun's chest who was watching the scene with wide eyes. His Hyungs never fought, at least not around him and Beomgyu. Not once did Soobin raise his voice at Yeonjun no matter how stressed and tired he was.

"Older than me? Since when have you even acted like a Hyung to me?!" Soobin screamed at the top of his lungs, tears welling up in his eyes, a wave of dizziness hit him and he stumbled a few steps forward.

Yeonjun looked at Soobin who looked just as shocked as him, the younger's words hitting him too hard. His heart ached as Soobin's started silently crying, visibly distressed.

"I'm sorry Hyung.. I-i didn't mean that" Soobin said, his eyes red from the tears falling on his delicate cheeks.

"Soobin-ah.." Yeonjun's anger faded away as he saw how fragile the younger looked. "Come on.. let's talk in private" Yeonjun's reached over to grab the younger's arms but Soobin flinched away from him.

"Hyung, are you feeling alright? Beomgyu took a better look at Soobin's face who looked a few shades paler than normal.

Soobin looked at Taehyun and Kai who cowered from him on the side, a slide pang of guilt shot through his heart and he looked down, Ashamed at his own outburst. He tried, he tried not to show his weaknesses, especially not in front of the youngers. Burying his worries, his feelings, his tiredness just so that he can maintain his brave front for them. For the scared kids he met, the kids he swore to protect even if it killed him.

"Soobin Hyung.... are you sick?" Beomgyu asked, his voice filled with worry for the older. Soobin was never sick, Soobin never cried in front of them. Beomgyu was more than worried, he was terrified.

"I'm fine Beom-ah.." Soobin whispered but another wave of dizziness hit him and he fell onto Yeonjun's arms.

"Woah.. Soobin-ah, you're burning" Yeonjun pressed his hand on Soobin's sweaty forehead.

"I'm fine Hyung" Soobin caught himself, pushing away from Yeonjun's hands and stabilizing on his feet. He opened his eyes, his head still throbbing from this morning, a pain that felt like someone was crashing his head with a hammer.

"You have a fever Soobin, you need to lay down"

"I'm not-" Soobin felt his stomach twitch, sending a sharp pain through his body. "Hyung.." he whined, falling into Yeonjun's embrace for the second time

"hold me.."