1...2...3

"She's completely wrecked" Beomgyu looked at their now broken car with a somber expression. "Isabella is gone" he leaned over the hood of the car, seemingly trying to hug it goodbye.

"You named our truck?" Soobin stared at him bewildered.

"Why wouldn't I?" Beomgyu looked back as if saying it's completely normal to humanize a vehicle.

"I just... I- ugh, Nevermind" Soobin massaged his temples, the usually composed leader of the group visibly stressed out. Everyone knew it was a sign they were truly screwed.

"Sorry..." Kai said quietly, the younger cowering behind Soobin, struggling to get his words out, he felt like an apology was needed
"if you just left me behind this wouldn't have happened, I'm really sorry" he bowed slightly, tears welling in his eyes. The strangers were nothing but kind to him and he repaid them by ruining their only way of transportation.

"It's okay Kai.... we can steal another one. It's just a bit inconvenient that's all" Soobin reassured him, looking behind to see the younger's face hiding in his back. "Hey it's okay.. really" he said as he saw the tears in Kai eyes, since when exactly did he become so protective of the younger? Just by seeing the sadness on Kai's eyes Soobin melted into a puddle.

"I guess we had to get rid of the car-"

"Isabella" Beomgyu corrected his Hyung.

"We had to get rid of Isabella" yeonjun glared at his stubborn friend as he continued "one way or the other.... they already seen us with it- her.." he stared at Beomgyu again "keeping her would help them track us".

"The problem is, this area is pretty much abounded. Finding another car won't be-" Soobin stopped, his ears perked at the faint sound he picked him.

"Hyung..?" Taehyun's voice quivered, noticing his older brother tense up.

Soobin only put his finger at his lips, signaling them all to shut up, as he pulled the gun from his back, him and Yeonjun shared a glance, outsiders wouldn't know that the two were having a full conversation with just their eyes. They shifted their legs, standing in a protective formation in front of the younger three.

"Beom-ah" Soobin whispered "on my signal, take this rock and throw it as hard as you can at that bush" he handed Beomgyu the round, smooth rock, the size small enough to fit perfectly in his palm. He nodded, waiting for Soobin's count-down.

"1..." Soobin raised his gun "2...." his voice now quieter than a whisper. He looked at Yeonjun, the older gave him a nod of affirmation.
"3..."

Beomgyu yeeted that rock so hard he could hear his shoulder pop as a response.

"God bless your aim BG" Yeonjun said, witnessing the middle aged man revealing himself from behind the tangled bush.

"What the fuck!" The man screamed with rage, looking directly at Beomgyu as if he knew he was the thrower.

The man held his silver rifle up, aiming at Soobin and Yeonjun. Soobin seemed to be a bit thrown off at the sight of the heavy weapon. The rifle wasn't visible until the man came out of the shadows.

Just wonderful, soobin thought to himself 21 years of struggle only to be killed by a balding middle aged man with a ridiculously childish gun.

"Going after 5 kids with a rifle? Aren't you a bit too old for that?" Soobin spat, hoping that his nerves weren't showing through his mask of confidence.

"Actually. I'm going after one kid, so if you can get out of my way I'd really appreciate that" the man grinned, getting dangerously closer to them.

Soobin could hear Kai whimpers from behind him, sure that the younger would drop to the floor if he let go of his grip on Soobin's shirt. Soobin knew, the second he heard Kai's terrified cries. He'll do everything to keep him safe.

"I'm not giving him away" Soobin stood his ground despite being the one on the weaker side.

"You and me both know your toy gun won't get you out of this. So hand over the boy while I'm still patient"

Soobin furrowed his eyebrows, a small bead of sweat appeared near his forehead, his grip on the gun loosening, The past gang member had his limits too.

"What are you going to do to him?" Soobin questioned, assessing every option he has.

the man got closer as he saw he had the upper hand.

"I don't think you're in a position to ask me questions kid" he placed the tip of the rifle on Soobin's chest. Peeking behind the younger's shoulder.

"Long time no see kamal"

Kai dropped to his knees, his body unwillingly twitches at the nickname. He felt a hand squeezing his as a sign of comfort. The warmth was recognizable, it felt like home in a way. He wondered if it was really him who took his hand, if Taehyun forgived him for hiding his powers. in the midst of all the chaos Kai relaxed against the soft touch, regaining strength to get up from his position.

"Don't talk to him" Soobin spat at the man, disgusted at his tone. Twisted and sickening.

"You have three seconds to hand him over, before I use force"

"1.."

"Go Kai..." Taehyun said coldly. Pulling away from the younger's hand. His comment makes Kai look at him in disbelief.

"T-Taehyunnie..." the younger started sobbing.

"Go, you're putting us all in danger" Taehyun stared at him, showing no sigh of sympathy, nor warmth. Kai's heart dropped, shattering at once.

"2.."

"Go" the older said again, earning a few surprised looks from his Hyungs. He nudged Kai in the man's direction "leave!" Taehyun raised his voice at Kai for the first time.

"3.."

Soobin lowered his gun as a sign of defeat. Turning to face Kai.

"Taehyun's right" he took Kai's arm, placing him in front of the man.

"Leave"

.....................

Author here, wassup!

I had fun with this chapter, I hope it was suspenseful enough 🤗