Coincidence

"Hyung.." Taehyun turned to Soobin, his hand softly carding through Kai's black locks, the younger was sleepy after his crying fit, leaning into Taehyun's chest. "can we stay here another night?"

Soobin sighed, looking as his dongsaeng with an apologetic expression.

"I know you all must be tired..." Soobin looked around, meeting the boys' eyes.

They all looked at him in expectation, he could see a bit of hope in their eyes. Feeling sorry he has to crush it.

"However.."

Their faces fell, they expected that but it was nice to dream of another comfortable night.

"Sorry guys" Soobin whispered.

"It's fine binnie.." Yeonjun smiled in acceptance "we know you're just doing what's best for us"

"Let's sleep what has left from tonight. we're leaving as early as we can tomorrow" Soobin said, not able to shake the sour feeling in his mind. Staying here would be a risk, no matter how much he craved seeing his friends comfortable in their beds.

he knew they had to keep moving. Or else he wouldn't have any friends to look after.

Yeonjun was the first to get up, stretching his arms. Going across the room to fetch something.

He came back with the penguin plushie he got for Kai a few days ago.

"Aegi*-ya...." he crouched next to the bed, meeting Kai's half asleep eyes. "We appreciate you opening up, I know it must've been hard" he smiled warmly while Kai's lips formed a small pout.

*(Aegi- baby)

He nested the plushie in the younger's arms, giving his a gentle peck on his forehead. One that finally made him close his eyes completely.

The glow long gone and his breath steady for the first time in a long time.

"Thank you.. hyung" he hugged the plushie close to his chest.

leaning into Taehyun's touch, his body folded in half like a festus. His head nuzzling in Taehyun's warm chest.

Soobin looked at Kai's face, never having seen him so calm, peaceful even

Even in the rare times where he'd sleep, his face scrunched up, as if in constant state of distress.

Now, his body never felt safer. Allowing his muscles to relax into the older, who had him engulfed securely in his arms.

"Good night Kai" Beomgyu said brightly, happiness spreading in his heart when he feels the click, the moment, the shift in the air.

They had Kai's trust now.

"I should probably go too.." Taehyun said, attempting to shift under Kai to let the boy have the bed to himself.

Stopped by a small whine and a slander hand tugging on his shirt.

"Stay..." the younger whispered, so quietly that Taehyun could've convinced himself that he was dreaming, but the cold hand on his was enough evidence that Kai needed him.

He leaned back on the pillow again, hugging the younger's closer to his body. Cuddling him so that his chin would rest into Kai's soft hair, while the younger's face pressed into Taehyun's neck.

He heard Beomgyu giggle from across the room, the older was halfway into the door.

"Have fun you two!" He chirped. Hopping into the neighboring room.

"Shut up.." Taehyun blushed, feeling dizzy when Kai's hot breath landed on his neck.

He felt Kai smile against his body.