it ends with me

The tubes were lined neatly on the desk, piling up in a scary speed. The looming light coming out of them lit the room in a dim blue hue.

both boys sat in front of each other, growing quieter and quieter as the experiment went on. when Kai filled a tube, the boss and his team would wait about 5 minutes before Shocking Taehyun again. the boy would yell in pain, kickstarting Kai's powers all over again and filling another tube in the blue liquid.

the chains dripped ice from the constant flames coming from Kai's aching hands, he never had that much drained out of him. he never had his powers go on for more then 10 minutes. and after 3 hours, his clothes began to freeze, leaving him shaking and his teeth knocking together, but there was nothing he could do to stop it. his head hung low and he was sure his eyes were abused enough to have fallen out by now. every scar on his body, lead to the ones under his eyes and they burned him mercilessly.

his fang throbbed in pain more and more at every tube he filled, he pushed it with his tongue to try and relive the soreness but nothing seemed to work.

they went again, and again.

Soon the whole floor seemed to have ice coating it. 

the only thing holding Kai's body from falling apart were the chains. holding his body upright despite how much it trembled.

but even after all of that. he still focused most of his attention on Taehyun's breathing. tracking every exhale, every inhaled. 

dreading that it might stop.

Taehyun gave up on begging for them to stop. every shock, every tase left him heaving and paralyzed. every time he'd slip into a cloud of fatigue the shock wave would wake him up in a jolt. leaving his body tense and on edge.

"we're not getting a reaction from him anymore.." the lady said once Taehyun grew quiet and could only take the pain in silence. she lifted up Taehyun's floppy head and for it to drop back down when she let go. "maybe we should stop. we've got plenty of extract already"

"not enough. I've been waiting for this day for 10 years. I'm not stopping now"

"Sir-"

"get a reaction from him or so help me god I will kill you with my own hands. now!"

.............

the water bottle got passed by Soobin who decided to let Yeonjun have the rest of it instead of cleaning his bloodied hands, but Yeonjun rejected his offer almost immediately.

"It's okay, I had some before.."

Soobin shook his head, pushing the water bottle closer to Yeonjun.

"I'm not taking no for an answer Jun-hyung. drink up. the last thing I want is you getting dehydrate-" he stopped when hearing two faint sounds at the distance, and a commotion outside, along with a few sets of footsteps running across the halls.

he could hear Taehyun's screams loud and clear, and the panic and pent up anger was too much for Soobin to handle. he's going to kill them. every single one of them that even dared touching his friends.

"what's going on?" Yeonjun, who also picked up on the noise asked.

a few bangs followed the noise and their room shook a bit, sending weak Soobin falling on his side.

Soobin heard a crack from above them, and looked up.

the celling was breaking.

"hello!?" someone banged on their door. "hello!!? is anyone there?" the voice yelled, it belonged to a girl by the pitch and brightness to it, and the boys exchanged confused looks.