we will burn in flames

Soobin's body went instantly limp in Yeonjun's arms, little beads of sweat on his forehead and his eyelids heavy as weights over his eyes.

"Binnie!? Binnie what's wrong?" The older was now on full freaking out mode.

"Hyung we're out of fever reducers!" Beomgyu yelled, rummaging through the back of their trunk.

"Bin bin.. can you hear me? Can you hear Hyung?" Yeonjun shoke him back to consciousness. Taking advantage of the fact that Soobin never fully fainted yet.

"Hyung..." Soobin whined, half asleep.

"Yes? What is it baby? Are you sick?" Yeonjun's voice carried so much softness and care that it made Soobin cry even more.

Taehyun and Beomgyu who were not used to seeing their Sturdy Soobin Hyung fall apart felt as if the world turned upside down. What they were going to do if even their strong Soobin fell ill?

"What do we do?" Taehyun said in his scared small voice, out of all people Soobin was the one they couldn't afford to be sick. Maybe Soobin fell ill because of him, because he couldn't read between the lines. Who would want to go back to where they were almost killed? Taehyun cursed himself for being so damn insensitive. He just wanted to suggest solutions, so that Soobin would have less weight on his shoulders.

"I don't know hyunnie.. he's burning up. Binnie keep your eyes open okay?"

Soobin nodded weakly.

"Hyung, my head.." he whined

"I know, I know baby... we don't have medicine for you right now"

Soobin curled in Yeonjun's  lap, usually he has a high pain tolerance, why does it hurt so much?

"I need to go buy him medicine, he's going to-" Yeonjun got cut off by a hand on his shoulder.

"Do not... go out alone..." Soobin whispered weakly, on the brick of passing out.

"Soobin-ah.." Yeonjun tried reasoning with the boy but he knew Soobin was stubborn, even when he was sick.

"Hyung..it's dangerous...please" Soobin pleaded.

"Soobin I can't-"

"I'll try" Kai said suddenly, getting up from Taehyun's arms. The older hugged him tightly for comfort the whole time.

"What..?" Beomgyu wondered what Kai could possibly do with Soobin's fever.

Kai was afraid, he really was. His powers were the reason he had to live his life in pain every day. But seeing Soobin lay there, with little to no energy in his body. Kai knew if he won't get over himself and do something the older would get worse and worse.
He couldn't let that happen. After all he is the reason there are in this mess in the first place.

"Just... let me try something.." Kai voice shoke as he approached Soobin. His palms already damp with cold sweat. He kneeled next to the half conscious boy.

"What are you...?"

"You're going to freeze him" Taehyun mumbled from the side "that's brilliant Kai... how did I not think of that?"

"Freeze him?" Yeonjun looked terrified.

"Not actually freeze him Hyung, just cool him down" Taehyun sat next Kai for emotional support.

"Wait no! Kai you said you had no control over your flames" Yeonjun looked frantic.

"Do you have another idea Hyung?" Taehyun asked.

"Kai.." Yeonjun turned to the youngest with vulnerable eyes "how sure are you?"

"Let me do it Hyung... I'm sure" Kai mustered up every drop of confidence he had. Of course he wasn't sure. As far as he knows he can burn the entire forest down.