far away

"Kai! No!"

"Wait Taehyun-" Soobin tried stopping the boy but his sluggish moves made him slower than he had estimated.

Taehyun ran as fast as he could towards the familiar figure, not realizing he's diving head first into a dangerous situation.

"No! Leave him alone!" Taehyun screamed, cries threatened to come out the back of his throat. Not caring for the armed men surrounding him.

The man yanked Taehyun by his arm, stopping him from reaching Kai, he placed the gun under Taehyun's chin.

"Where did that parasite come from?"

Soobin felt the adrenaline flowing through his veins, him and Yeonjun got to the scene a few seconds after, Beomgyu right behind them.

Yeonjun looked around, his eyes fixing on the familiar man holding Taehyun at gun point.

"Drop your weapon" Soobin loaded his gun, he had approximately 4 bullets, he calculated. One for each person, a forth one to spare, not too bad, not so good either.

"Dad...?" Yeonjun said, his voice showcasing an emotion the boy's have never heard before. Hatred.

The statement caused everyone to freeze in their place.

"Hyung... what-"

"Never thought I would have to see you again. My faggot of a son..." the man spat in disgust.

Soobin connected the dots in his head, getting an answer to why the man's face was so familiar to him.

"What are you doing dad?" Yeonjun asked, his voice almost too sad as the discovery of his dad working for the people who took Kai.

"Making money, business is business kid" his father loaded the gun, ready to shoot Taehyun. "But you always had problems mixing business and personal right?" He smiled.

Soobin was having non of that, knowing how much of an impact Yeonjun's dad had on him when he and Yeonjun first met.

Soobin dared looking at Yeonjun for a second, noticing the tears brimming in his eyes.

"Drop the gun and step away from my friend" Soobin said again.

"And you... aren't you a piece of disgrace. Making your whole family go down, just for your own benefit..."

"Shut up" Soobin's hand shook against the gun.

"Am I hitting a sensitive spot?" He gripped Taehyun harder, making the younger whimper in his hands. Taehyun looked at Kai, who was in the middle of the scene. His heart strings pulled at the sight.

Kai laid on the ground, panting and gasping for air, his hands and legs in chains.

Taehyun recalled how the younger looked under the man's legs, like a wounded prey.

Taehyun wanted to call him, ask him if he was okay. Taehyun wanted to hold his body close to him, wipe his tears away. Make him feel safe, and loved, and cared for. He wanted to do all of that. All it took to make Kai happy. But could he really do it? When kai has been hurt so much..

Can Taehyun heal his scars? Make him forget the bad things... delete his painful memories away...

Taehyun wanted to see what Kai's smile looked like. even better, what his laugh sounded like.

The gun pressed deeper into his jaw pulled him out of his thoughts.

"Let him go dad.." Yeonjun voice indicated that he had little to no energy to handle his father. After leaving 6 years ago, he never thought he'd see that man again.