Sign 1 Skyler's Dream

"That'll be fifteen dollars ninety-nine" The cashier wrapped all the packets of bacon into a polythene bag and Skyler swiped his card. The store was half empty and supplies were yet to come. The windows and the flickering lights failed to lighten up the darkness in the corners, filled with webs and spiders. There was life, spreading out, reaching the walls and it rolled itself, it fell back into the centre, like spiderwebs. 

Glizzly held a canned pumpkin puree in his hands while looking at the spiders, static and at peace. He heard Skyler pick up his plastic bag, the crimping plastic and the sounds of his feet and brushed against the floor, like an old man. The cashier brushed the breadcrumbs from his beard and pressed his feet back against the counter, relaxing himself in his chair and picking his book back up, titled "Lilium Smoke" Glizzly gazed at him as if gazing at a valley of lilies, light resting on the tips of eyelids, they heard the sound of the ocean, together. 

Skyler walked down the broken pavement, crushing the flowers growing between the cracks on the road, he got into his mother's car and looked at Cypher sitting in the car parked beside him. He was smoking a cigarette while staring back at Skyler. He lowered his gaze and got inside the car. He pressed his hand on the steering wheel, while Cypher looked ahead at the store and started the car. Soon, Skyler heard the cashier yelling, "POLICE! HE MUGGED ME! SOMEONE GET HIM!" And Glizzly ran out of the store, with change jingling in his pockets, and his fists full of money, knife but dignity. He frantically jumped inside the car from its top and Cypher screamed amusingly, driving off while the cashier was left running behind. 

He ran a few metres, then among the flaps of fat of his own body, he fell to the ground, covered in sweat and dirt, he screamed in anger. Skyler walked out of his car and stood behind it. As he looked at the old cashier, he gazed at him as if he were gazing at the fallen city of troy, light piercing his eyelashes, striking him in the eyes. He squinted under the sun. Soon, under a wave of sleep. He fell flat to the ground. 

When he got up, it was dark already. He brushed his clothes and looked up at the ocean, the stars in the sky reflected on the ocean waves, and the water glistened. It was a storm. He walked towards the rocks. The beach looked stranded as if all life had suddenly disappeared from the face of the earth. The new moon made the sky seem to have a light of its own, a thundering disaster, curling inwards, and falling on everything that ever lived, and ever will. 

Even when he was in that moment of defiance, the defiance to let your humanity be charmed by nature into doing the wildest things. Nature, in its evolutionary battle, is not a romance to be followed, but rather a reality of violence and constant trauma, Skyler wanted to experience naked nature, in all its animality and in-human aspects. 

Humanity and nature could never co-exist.
Because to be human is to control the strength to destroy, but nature is destruction.
Nature lacks emotions and morality. 

It does whatever it has to...to ensure that only the epitome of us were allowed expression. To prosper. To be alive. 

While rearranging this guilt in his mind, of killing Edgar and his mother, Skyler wondered why his hatred towards his own race consumed him.  But as he walked towards the beach, he felt a plastic wrapper crush under his feet. An old, dirty wrapped, half buried under the soil and the flowers growing upon it. Skyler picked it up and looked around.

'I remember a time it used to be clean,' He spoke to himself in his mind as he walked towards the rocks, reaching for the beach,

'Why do we ruin the things we touch? Why do we alienate ourselves from what's around us, when we are a part of everything we know? Hate humans, I abhor them. I hate that I am one of them.'

Cyril got on top of his surfboard and moved across the violent waves, "TRISTIAN!" He screamed across the waters, looking around for his teammate, "TRISTIAN! ANSWER ME!"