Chapter 2, The Police Station

Before Jess and Jeffrey were called on the case. They were sitting at their desks and researching or doing something that made this day faster. Jeffrey grins and looks at her, " You know if you kept looking at the screen, then you're gonna need glasses." she glances at him, " Like you, old man." he smiles and shakes his head." Very funny, How do you keep a man? With your cranky personality." he questions in a teasing tone as she grins and looks at him in the eyes, " Like your lousy sense of humor?" she teased back as he laughs.

Jess laughs with him, and he looks at her

Jess laughs with him, and he looks at her. " You think I have a lousy sense of humor?" he asks, acting like he is offended. Jess laughs even more, and he smiles at her until the Chief comes in. They stopped laughing and then stood up. " You two have a new case, and it's murder," he tells them. Jess and Jeffrey got their things and went home.

-------------At The Crime Scene-----------------------------------------

Jess walks away from Jeffrey and The news lady. She enters the home to see blood on the floor and walls, with some things on the floor too. Jess notices the blood trail going to the bathroom as Jess follows it. When she got to the bathroom, see a bloody handprint on the title of the bathroom wall. Jess stared at the bloody handprint with widened eyes. ' who would do this to a family?' I thought. Jess left the bathroom and went upstairs.

She sees the doors open in the hallway. Jess walks down the hallway to the master bedroom to see the mess and blood on the floor. She sighs when she notices the broken picture frame on the floor, and the glass is shattered. Jess went to the dressers' drawers and found a diary from the chole, so she opened it.

Isn't it wrong that I knew something was happening in my home? Was it my fault? That he has done to our children and me. Now everyone will see the family's truth and what lies we've done. The past is catching up to us, and we can't keep running from it either, so we'll pay for it sooner or later. I blame him for this to happen.

All of the shit he's done to our family name. He has hurt me and ruined our marriage for what he has chosen to do. I remember the color of his skin drained when I saw that hickey on his neck. I felt angry and sad, but I deemed him to tell me, and he wouldn't tell me, so I got mad about it. He is stubborn and an idiot. But I knew who had done this to our family or knew about it. But that didn't mean allowing him to let this happen. 

Billy is the stupidest person in this world and doesn't know how to do things independently. I know who can help me with this. Besides, there's the only person I can trust now.

' So chole knew that Billy was having an affair with someone? But who? Wasn't someone else involved in this family?' I thought. I set the diary down on the nightstand and went to Billy's side until I heard footsteps approaching the bedroom. I glanced over my shoulder to see Jeffrey, " You're done talking to the news lady?'' he grinned and leaned against the doorframe. " Is that jealous that I am hearing right now?" he teased as I scoffed and looked away. " Not jealous. I was only wondering if you don't mind doing your job right now instead of talking to her when we don't have enough information." I stated.