Chapter 14, Am I The Monster? Part 4, final

They send me away to find them a fortune

A chest filled with diamonds and gold.

Jeffrey woke up him screaming and sitting up quickly, then panting heavily as he calmed down until he heard the voices of his victims so far in his home. He looks around his room to see no one in the concerned room as; he sighs. " You'll get what you've done to us! You're gonna regret doing this to all of us!" Ethan's voice shouted at him in anger as Jeffrey shook his head while covering his ears to block out the voices. " She will never love you! She will discover the truth you've caused and can't escape. " Kyle's spokesperson added.

The house was awake, with shadows and monsters

The hallways, they echoed and groaned.

Jeffrey started to have bags under his eyes as he kept hearing the voices in his home. He sighed, then saw a shadow on the wall and grinned. The shadow came out of the wall to turn into Ethan with a broken sulk that his brain was out of his head as he looked at him in the eyes. " Are you happy about what you're doing to her? Have you ever thought of the pain and suffering she is going through?" He angrily questioned him; Jeffrey turned his attention away as he bumped into Kyle with two stabbed wounds on his neck and throat. " What about her mental health? You've killed everyone she loved and broken some people to do your bidding. You're a freaked!" Jeffrey growled, and his hands both of them that they'd disappeared into the air.

" You know she will never love you for what you have done. I hope you are happy for everyone that you've killed!" Jeffrey clenched his firsts as he tried to ignore the voices. " shut up...." he mumbled. Ethan and Kyle laughed as they mocked him until his eyes widened to see the girl he had to kill with the other guy with the knife in his hand. " Do you ever feel bad if you've chosen to do it? What's all of this for?" The girl questioned him as the guy stepped towards him with black eyes, " Aren't you happy with yourself that you've killed innocent people who didn't deserve it." Jeffrey shot them a glare. " You guys aren't real! None of this is real!" he shouted.

I sat alone in bed till morning.

I'm crying, " They're coming after me."

Jeffrey stayed awake in the darkness of his room as he stared up at the ceiling and kept hearing the voices. He sat up and went downstairs to a cup of water; he turned to see all the dead victims he had killed over the week. " Look what you've done!!!" He shook his head, and his eyes winded as he felt tears rolling down his cheeks. " No, no, no....leave me alone!" He shouted, shut his eyes tightly, and fell onto his knees, then covered his ears when they came closer to him.

The next day, Jeffrey walked down the school hallway with a hoodie that covered his head as he paid attention to the school floor while walking. He goes to the classroom and rests his head on the desk when he hears her voice as she is talking to someone, but he doesn't leave his head at all. Lucille sat beside him and gently put her hand on his arm as he slightly left his head to look at her, " You need something?" She shook her head and gave him a concerned look. " Just worried about you lately." He shrugged and looked away from her. " Now you are worried about me? " Lucille nodded and looked at him about how he said it to her hurtfully.

" Did I do something wrong?''

" You tell me. "

Lucille looked at him, confused, " I don't know what you're talking about." Jeffrey huffs and gets up as he leaves the classroom without saying anything to her.

And I tried to hold these secrets inside of me,

My mind's like a deadly disease.

Jeffrey went outside to meet up with Adam, one of the school's gang members, and Jeffrey took the cigarettes from him and smiled when he smoked them. Jeffrey lined against the break wall and looked at the blue sky while forgetting about the victims for a moment. He felt at peace for once and closed his eyes to enjoy the sun's warmth so he could fall asleep, but Adam had to keep him awake.

Adam POV

Jeffrey and I started to be friends when I found out that he was the killer, and I promised to keep it a secret from everyone else, and he seems cool when he's not acting like a killer. He seemed scared of himself when he finally realized what he did and how it was the trigger, and I helped him find out more about it. Even trusted me enough to know that he was kidnapped into some project and was forced to take a pill from the nurse or someone else, but he could hear the voices. Jeffrey did mention that his friend Norman has taken the drugs too, but his triggers are different than his behavior, so I guess they are worse or more than that.

I've noticed how he looked at Lucille when he killed the final person and confessed his feelings for her, but she rejected him. His heart broke into two that day, and he cried for hours when he finally showed up to school today and told me that Jeffrey's been haunted by the students he killed. I didn't believe him until he showed me the evidence he got. I feel so sorry about what's going on with his head that Jeffrey doesn't completely understand what it is. I was ordered to watch him for someone, and I didn't want to tell him about my life or my past either; he respected that.

I am glad about that. I am not ready to tell Jeffrey about the shit I've done and how I ended up here. Lucille showed up and told me she wanted to check if Jeffrey was okay, but I know he doesn't want to see her. " He's not in the mood right now," I tell her as she frowns and looks at me concerned. " Why? I-I don't know what I did to him." I raised an eyebrow at her and across my arms, " What do you mean by that? " She looked at me as if I was dumbed or something. She didn't know that she had broken the hearts of her selves. "He hasn't been texting or even calling me and avoiding me too." I sighed and looked her in the eyes.

" Are you fucking dumb? Or are you just playing the victim about what you've done to him!?" Lucille looked shocked and surprised. I am annoyed by her and willing to stand up for him if I had to. " I am not dumb or doing that." I narrowed my eyes at her to see if she was telling the truth about her, but I didn't find anything in her eyes. " You broke his heart, Lucille." Her eyes softly let out a quiet oh as I nodded and looked back at him.

" he's been through the stages of heartbreak because of you. I know you didn't mean to harm him, but you didn't do it in a good way. If I were you, I would leave him alone and give him time to return to his usual self again, then talk to him. " I advised her as she nodded in agreement and understood what I was telling her. " Was I that harsh of rejecting him...?" She hesitated and asked as I smoked, then holding the cigarette in my fingers, " yes, he came to me crying and told me how you broke his heart into two." now she looked guilty and looked towards the ground.

" Shit." She mumbled as I chucked and looked down at her, " Just give him some time, and who knows how long he will talk to you again. don't force it for him to talk or even forgive you.'' She sighed and rubbed her arm in a guilty, " Fair enough." She glances up at me " You give great advice when someone needs it. " She said as I shrugged my shoulders, " I do when I have to. " then I petted her head as she groaned and knocked my hand off her head, and I laughed. " I told you to stop doing it since 5th grade, Adam.'' I smiled and shook my head, " And I don't care what you've told me since then. Besides, your still short as hell, so I can still do that." I stuck my tongue at her and winked.

Lucille's slight blush appeared on her cheeks, and she put her hands on her hips in a sassy way, " Still though, you know that I don't like it! You're still annoying as ever." She pointed out, " Yeah, Yeah, I know." Lucille nodded as she got ready to walk away " But I am glad that we are talking again...I do miss that. " I glanced at her and nodded, then she walked away as I walked back to Jeffrey, who's been watching what all went down in front of him.

" I didn't know that you and she knew each other." I sat beside him and looked ahead of us. " I don't go around telling people I know her, and we've just lost touch, that we haven't spoken in a while. " Jeffrey listened to me, " Thanks for standing up for me." I nodded and gave him a slight smile, " You're welcome. "

We sat in silence and just enjoyed each other's company and vibing. I like this feeling a lot, and feeling more comfortable with Jeffrey. He just needed a good friend to be there for him, and I will always be there for him...I promised with all of my heart.