Chapter 24, Zoey the Maid, part 3

After the cuddle season, they go back to work and force the connection with the stories to see what makes sense. Norman returns to the article and reads where he has left off before taking a break from reading. It's Christmas eve now, so tomorrow is Christmas, and they all are hoping that they can solve this case before then; if not, then they don't know. Norman glances at Dani to see her tongue sticking out in the corner of her mouth and reading her past notes. He wants her to take it easy on her and moves his attention back to the article.

==============================================

Chole POV

I got text messages from Zoey the next day, and she sneaked out of the hotel without him noticing her doing so, which is good. I waited for her in my office and can't wait to hear what happened here, and the kids are at my grandmother's house this weekend, so they won't be here. That's a good thing. I don't want them to see their parents fighting when Zoey got here, told me everything, and then gave me the record I handed her. I let her go home early. I told her that she did an excellent job helping me with this, and I sent her a ticket to get out of there before something happened to her. I didn't want her to get hurt until Charlie showed up and ruined my thoughts; she wanted to go back to train her thoughts about this.

I glared at him, " It's rude to come in without an invited." Charlie chuckled and grinned at me, " That hasn't stopped you before. " he said as he sat beside me. I groaned in annoyance with him, " I don't need to deal with this right now. " Charlie followed her movement around her office and sighed, " What's up?" I took a glimpse at him " It's my mother." She soft mutter as Charlie raises an eyebrow at him, " What do you mean by that?"She moved her attention back to the wine cabinet because she had lost her train of thought before he had ruined that. " She has found out of I've done to my marriage, and now she wants me to tell the journalist that Zoey did all of it...but I don't want that to happen to her." Charlie listened to her and nodded.

" So? Why do you care about her so much?" he questioned as she glared at him and quickly turned around to face him. " Because I love her like a little sister, you dumbass! If you think for a second that I will hurt for something like this, then no, I won't. I know her like her mind because I would do anything to protect her If it would risk my life. " Chole blurt out to him. Charlie stared at her in shock and watched her blicked the tears away from the concerns of her eyes. " Zoey won't be found or hurt at any cost. '' She added in a warning tone as Charlie narrowed his eyes at her, " What if she is?" he inquired. Chole let out a bone-chilling laugh that made Charlie's skin crawl. " Then there will be more than a consequence to face that is worse than death itself." Charlie got up from the chair and walked over to her. " You are overprotective of her?'' Chole nodded and looked away from him. " Like I said, she is like a little sister to me. "

Charlie cracked an eyebrow at her and leaned against the table by her. " What are you gonna do with your mother?" She grinned, " I'll handle her later, but now I am gonna deal with my husband about this news article." Charlie watched her exit the office and shut the door behind her. He walked over to the wall and used the secret entrance, then let the gate close behind him as he took his time to return to his own building or empire. Charlie hummed and looked over at Jeffrey and Norman as the teenagers were training. Enzo showed up beside up when he returned.

" How were they?"

" Good, sir."

" Just good?"

" They are just learning today, so don't expect to be perfect at this on day one."

" Don't tell me that. These boys need to be perfect! "

" And these boys are only teenagers."

" I don't fucking care! "

" You should care! "

" SHUT UP!"

Charlie struck Enzo on the left cheek so hard as he fell so hard on the floor that everyone looked up to see that. Charlie looked panicked and didn't know what to do. "Now, that isn't a way to treat your own kid." Charlie's eyes widened in fear at hearing that voice; he turned around slowly to see a middle-aged man with grey and white hair holding a cane in his left hand. His eyes are hazel. " M-Mr. Winchester, I didn't know you were sh-showing up t-today." he stuttered out as Mr. Winchester suffered and went to young Enzo and helped him up. " Are you okay? Kid," he asked him. Enzo nodded slightly as Mr. Winchester nodded, and Enzo just stared at the ground, " hm, You know, it isn't right to hit your kid or even kidnapped children, and you're lucky that I haven't taken you down for that." Charlie looked confused at him.

" Why haven't you?'' He asked as Mr. Winchester laughed and glanced over at him, " Because I love the fear in your eyes~" he told him as Charlie sighed and looked towards him in the eyes, " And you do act like you own this place, but you kept on forgetting a straightforward fact that I helped you and your father built this place up to the top. I won't hesitate to take this all away from you." He threatened to tell him. Charlie sallow thickly and tries to hide his fears about what happened to him and his son.

Mr. Winchester smugged even more and watched him with enjoyment, " Remember, I know things about the secrets about you and everyone else in this place and won't hesitate to ruin everyone's lives." As his background entered the room with an emotionless face and sunglass on, he added, " Mr. Winchester, Your granddaughter, will be coming over soon at your place." he told him as Mr. Winchester waved him off, and the body ground left. He looked back at Charlie in the eyes.

" Remember what I told you because If you don't, then I will kill you." Mr. Winchester left the place as Charlie sighed and glanced over at Enzo, who was getting comforted by Asher. Asher glared at him, " Why the fuck would you think it would be okay to hit your own son?" Charlie growled and glared back at him, " I don't need a lecture by you." He said, through gritted teeth and stomping away.

Asher growled back and handed Enzo an ice pack; Enzo took it, " Thanks. " he said, smiling. Asher smiled back at him, " You're welcome, it will stink later on the day, but the ice will help the shallow die down. " Enzo nodded and listened to him. " Do you have any pronouns?" He questioned, " Yes, I do. My pronouns are they and them. And yours?'' Enzo looked at them, '' He and him." he answered them as Asher nodded and smiled. " Nice. Now, let's get you back, go back to work, and maybe eat some ice cream." Enzo brightly smiled at them and walked beside them.

Charlie watched them from his office window as he sighed and looked away, sitting down in his chair.