Chapter 16, You Call Me Crazy, But I Still Love You, Part 2

( I don't own the song, and it goes the rightfully owners.)

Lisa POV

It's been a few weeks since I've talked to Norman, and we've started to hang out when we aren't busy with work, and the stalker is still on the loose. Lauren kept on telling me not to leave at night or no weapon on me, so she was the one who made me carry the pocket knife. I was walking to work when I heard yelling from the librarian's cafe; I opened the door quietly and tiptoed inside the room to see Lauren and this guy shouting at each other about something. Who is this guy? Because I've never seen this guy in my life, but she does seem angry towards him.

" You can't just come in and damned me to do shit for you! I am not your soldier anymore, so fuck off. "

" Can't you just let me explain before you decline?"

" I'm not listening to you because of what you've done and chose him over us. "

" Please, Lauren."

" No, Billy."

" Why?"

" Because I can't trust you unique; it involves him and her in this plan of yours. "

" I was forced to marry her!"

" You still have a choice, Billy!"

Lauren breathed heavily and sat down in her chair with a sigh leaving her lips as Billy stared at her, shocked by how she snapped at him. " You know how my mother is; she doesn't listen to me. " He softly said as she scoffed and gazed away from him, " Make her listen." She told him and looked into his eyes. " How?" she shakes her head and crosses her arms, " That's for you to figure out." She said as she turned her back to him as he stood up, " I'm sorry for everything." She glanced at him. " Isn't it too late for the apologized?" She questioned as he opened his mouth to say anything else to her, but he couldn't find the right words for them.

" Just go."

" What?"

" I said just go! Go back to your wife."

" Lauren..."

" No, just leave and never come back. " Billy listened and left without saying any more words to her. I slowly walked over to her as she turned to face with mixed feelings written over her face. " wanna talk about it?" She shook her head back and forth then she walked to the kitchen. I leave her alone for now, and when she is ready to talk about what just happened. I won't force her to tell me if she is uncomfortable with the topic.

----------- A Few Hours Later----------------

I heard her singing in the kitchen as I sneaked in, and Lauren's back was facing me, so she didn't notice me at all. " Brown guilty eyes and little white lies." She sings softly as she feels the music go through her and holds the rose in her hands. " I played dumb, but I always knew that you talked to her, maybe even did even worse," She lowered the rose down to the table, " I kept quiet, so I could keep you..." Then she set the rose on the table and walked away from the sink.

" And ain't funny how you ran to her? The second that we called it quits?" She asked herself as she moved towards the cabinet, " And ain't funny how you said you were friends? Now it sure doesn't look like it. " She grumbled, took a photo from her pocket, then ripped it in half, " You betrayed me. "

And I know you'll never feel sorry for how I hurt.

You talked to her when we were together.