Chapter 3, Finding The Maid, Part 1

" What? Why?" Jeffrey asked as Jess looked at him and nodded with a smile. " Because she could be the key to this case, we gotta do some research tomorrow. She might be able to help us." Jeffrey glanced at her to see the determination in her eyes. He moved his gaze away from her, licked his bottom lip with his tongue, and looked back into her eyes. " Fine, we can go try to find this Zoey girl, but the last time she was seen here, the affair happened." he shared as she nodded and showed him all of the notes that she's written in her letters on her iPhone. " I know; that's why we gotta go back to the house and see if we can find more clues,'' she says.

Jeffrey notices how her eyes sparkle when she talks about the cases they've been on in the past. He sees how she wants to find the people who have done something terrible; she is caring. "We're doing that tomorrow because I enjoyed our relax time before that happened.'' Jess chuckles and nods, " Rest too. I don't want to get drunk again." he smirks. " I love seeing that side of you. The more fun and wild side of you." he winks at her as she blushes and shakes her head. " Oh, shut up, Morgan.'' she looks away.

Jeffrey chuckles and smiles while ordering two beers for them. Jess sighs and knows how this gonna end. " Why are you like this?'' She asked as he grinned, ' Because I am the more fun detective, and you are the bored detective." He says as she glares at him. " I am not bored!" he continues to laugh. " Yes, you are!" she groans in annoyance.

----------------In The Kitchen------------------------

Dani POV

I am helping Olive out in the kitchen because Asher didn't come back, so we are short of staff today. Norman is helping out in the bar, so he is taking care of that for me, which is excellent for him to do. I gotta tell him thanks before we close tonight. I force on the food and bring the food to the tables, then run back to the kitchen. As I was running back into the kitchen and bumped into Norman.

His arms wrapped around my waist and caught me before falling on the wooden floor. I wrapped my arms around his neck as we both stared into each other eyes, feeling my cheeks turning a little bit red. I notice his eyes are grey and brown. Norman sat me upright as we both unwrapped our arms from each other.

I can still feel the burning on my cheeks as I avoid making eye contact with him. Norman clears his throat and looks away, and I glance at him to notice the hint of red on his cheeks. " Sorry about that," I mutter as he nods and looks at me. " Just be careful," he says with a concerned tone. " I will be.'' I walk back to the kitchen as Olive looks at me with a grin.

" Still blushing." Olive teased as I playfully hit his shoulder. " Stop it. " He chuckles and smiles while I am trying to calm myself down. " I saw how you two were looking at each other, and you were searching into each other's eyes." He says. I look at him, then shakes my head, " We weren't doing that. " I denied him and not believing him about that. Norman and I are the only co-workers, and that's it. " huh-uh, yes, you were."

" No, we weren't," she says back as the clear throat got their attention. " Would you two stop battering back there and make the food! We've starving people!'' Norman shouted at us. " Yes, sir!" we both say as we return to work.

----------------MidNight--------------------------------

After cleaning up the kitchen and the front, Norman waited for us in the back, where the lockers were. I enter the staff room to see him leaning against the wall with his black jacket. I grab my things from my locker, and he notices me when I shut the door. " You guys done with cleaning?" I look at him" Yea, Olive is getting done with the dishes right now, so it won't be long." I tell him.

Norman just nodded and went back to staring at the wall. " Thanks for taking over the Bar for me." As he gazes back at me, I say, " You're welcome, Princess." I felt my cheeks turn red again when he called me that, and he's never called me or given me a nickname. Olive showed up as he got his things then Norman set up the alarm and unlocked the door. We left the staff room as Norman locked the door and turned to face us.