Chapter 18, Stuck In New York, Part 4.

Norman stares at the laptop screen as he's been waiting for a sign of Jess and Jeffrey, but he doesn't know where they could've gone. His attention got interrupted by Dani's footsteps coming back to him as he glanced over his shoulder to see her, as she gave him a kind smile, then sat beside him on the couch. They got a new hotel of what happened in the other hotel as Dani gives him a concerned look, " Anything?'' She asked as Norman looked back to the laptop and released a heavy sigh, " No, nothing is showing me or anything about what happened that night." He answered as she nodded and looked at the laptop screen with him. " They have to be out there." She mumbled.

' yeah, but Jeffrey is a detective and part of the mafia too." Dani glimpsed at him, " You are too. '' Norman agrees with her on that, and he tells her everything. But not what happened in the past of their lives." I know; I don't like that they again put that drug in us." Dani leaned against the couch with her back, " But what triggers it..?" She questioned him as Norman sighed while rubbing his neck in his nervous way. " To be honest, they never told us the triggers when they did more tests on us as teenagers. The testing could have been better, but it wasn't a pretty sight to see what we could do. " He responded as he leaned back on the couch while he looked at her to know that she was looking back at him.
''I'm sorry for what you and Jeffrey went through. " She softly tells him as he nods and looks back to the laptop; then he feels her hand on top of his. " I know it's hard to talk about the past. " He lowered his gaze to the floor, " yeah, but my past is haunting me," he whispered quietly.

Norman got up as she followed him then he glanced at her, " Leave me be. " Dani stared at him '' Being alone doesn't help. " Norman turned away as his hand slipped out of her hand, " It helped me. " then he walked to his room. Dani stood in the middle of the living room with a sore heart as she looked at the empty hallway. Dani returned to the laptop and plopped on the couch, jumping a little. Dani takes out her phone and looks to see if Jess has texted her, but she sees no information. She sighed and put her hand on her chest with her phone in her hand still. Dani hopes that Jess is okay and safe.

-------- Meanwhile, Jess and Jeffrey-----------------

Jess groaned as she blinked a couple times when she looked around the room; then she spotted Jeffrey in a chair with his legs crossed. She glared at him as Jeffrey grinned and uncrossed his legs, then stood up, " Ah, you finally decided to wake up. " He chirped as she sat up and looked at him. " Where are we?" Jeffrey roughly grabbed my chin to make me stare into his eyes, " Don't ask questions about anything that goes down here." As my eyes narrowed, he warned, " You know I don't like when people tell me what to do, and I am gonna ask questions about this." Jess said as Jeffrey moved her head and leaned to the side, " You belong to me now. " Jess growled as she pushed him away from her and then got out of bed.

" I don't belong to you!" I shouted as he glared at me; then the door opened, and he turned his attention to the door, " Is there a problem here?'' Jeffrey looked at the guy and shook his head. " No, there's no problem here. " he tells him as the guy nodded then looks at me, " I am charlie; you must be Jess?" I just shook my head. " Not much of talkier," Charlie mumbled as I crossed my arms and looked at him. " Not to the strangers." Charlie grinned, " I like this one, but he is right that you belong to him because he is the only one who keeps you safe." he informed me.

I looked between them and got an uneasy feeling about this. " So I am trapped?" Charlie nodded, sneered, smiled at me, and then left the room. " Also, I don't belong to you, so dropped that shit. " Jeffrey rolled his eyes and lined against the wall. " You will learn sooner or later.'' he tells me, " Besides, you should come with me to my room. " He roughly gripped my arm and dragged me out to the hallway. His grip on my arm hurts so bad! I notice some people aren't looking at us at all.

" I can walk! you know!"

" I don't care!"

" ugh."

" You know you can be a bitch at times when we work together. "

" And your still a dick."

Jeffrey threw me into his room as I stumbled and glared up at him. " can you not be such a bitch right now?" I glared at him and stood up straight. " says the guy who attacked us and kidnapped me! Now told me that I belong to him! " I shouted as he narrowed his eyes at me; then he strolled over to me. Jeffrey pinned me to the wall with a thud as he had an angry look, " I was only looking for you! But that another girl got in my way! " He shouted at my face, but I kept on a brave face.

When we were trained to be strong in front of dangerous stuff, but we were also allowed to show emotions until we were alone. " You can try to make me yours, but I won't break. " Jeffrey darkly chuckled, making my skinned crawled as I hid my nervousness about this. 

-------- Back with Dani and Norman------------------

   Dani POV

" Chole's mother married a guy who's part of a mafia gang, and they had a daughter, but their daughter ran away from home." I read out in the library. Norman looked at me as he raised an eyebrow at the mention of them having a daughter. " I thought chole was the only child. " I shook my head. "  In this article, it said that she was married twice. " Norman nodded and looked over my shoulder, and a slight blush on my cheeks. " So she had two daughters but kept one as a secret. Does it say the name of her?" I looked back at the article and found another daughter's name.

" Her name was Lauren."