Chapter 25, Zoey The Maid, Part 4, Final?

Chole drove to her mother's home and got there with seriousness, not in the mood for her mother's bullshit audited today. She can't always live in fear of her mother and face the judgment of what she did to ruin her family name, but she doesn't care because most of her life, she was told to be perfect and don't anything stupid. Chole doesn't knock, but she enters the home and goes to the living room to see her mother when her mother notices her with a sour face. " What took you so long?" Chole rolled her eyes at her. " Mother, I don't need this right-" she got cut off by her mother quickly stood up and glared at her. " Do you know what you've done to your family and me!? The thing you planned between you and that worthless girl for your husband who has ever been kind to you, and you did this to him? I've never raised you to be like this!" She shouted at her as Chole lowered her eyes toward the floor and clenched her hands. '' You don't know how much effected I put for you to be alive and keep you safe-" She stopped mid-sentence when Chole let out a snicker.

Chole's mother arched a brow at her, " Is there something funny about that, young lady?'' Chole nodded and looked at her " You think that you've kept me safe from turning into you? I've become you." She took a step towards her mother and took a step backward. " And you've also kept secrets away from me." She tells her as she looks at her in the eyes, '' What are you talking about?" She asked as Chole took another step closer to her, " The secret that you disowned my other sister that I had and kept me...instead of the both of us. So why? " Chole's mother avoided the question and walked away, and she followed her. " Where are you gonna, Mother?" Chole kept on following after her.

" Shut up."

" No, I've kept my mouth shut since I was ten. I am done being silenced by my mother, so why did you abandon her!?"

" I can't tell you!"

" Why Not? I have the right to know!"

" You would judge me for me!"

" I've always been judging you!"

" ......." 

"How you acted around your friends and grandparents, so just give me this answer about my sister that I never had because of you."

" Fine, then. " Chole stared at her, and her mother let out a sigh when she entered the library they had at their home. Chole followed her mother into the library, watched her grab a book with a red cover, then set it on the desk.

" I didn't abandon her. I was only 17 years old when I was pregnant when I had her. My parents didn't like it. So they made me put her in an orphanage. I tried to get her back...but I couldn't," she trails off as she blinks away the tears. Looked away from Chole. " But someone already adopted her before I could. " She continued as Chole looked at her concern and confused by this, " Who?" She asked.

=============================================

Jess is still in her office when Norman takes Dani home because It's Christmas day, so everybody goes home except for her. Jess doesn't like to celebrate Christmas because of what happened when she was a kid, and she gets this solved and celebrates Christmas with someone. She notices a warm cup of tea on her desk, making her look up to see Jeffrey smiling down at her, " I know you don't like this holiday, but maybe I can show you the bright side. " He, hopefully, says as she sighs and shakes her head, " You know I like to work on th-ah!" Jeffrey pulled her out of her chair and onto her feet. " No buts, sweetheart. " he winked as she small blushed and groaned, " Jeff." He helped her to put on her winter coat.