Chapter 5, Finding the maid, Part 3

Dani stayed speechless at what Norman told her through the phone as she felt her body freeze in place. Jess notices this and gets worried, then Dani clears her throat, " Norman, we don't know each other that well and thanks for caring about me that much, but why me?'' she asked as she heard him moving around and waited for him to answer her. " Because you caught my attention." He responded as she felt her cheeks turn red. '' I know that we don't talk a lot or even hang out; I want to change that..." he added.

Dani thought as she chose her words carefully before she spoke again. " When this is over, then we can hang out and get to know each other more.'' he smiled at that and agreed. She and Norman said their goodbyes, and she hung up and then looked at Jess. " So you and Norman?'' she grinned as Dani smiled and shook her head at her, " We are only getting to know each other." She tells her with seriousness in her voice. " Anyways, I have something on Zoey while I was looking through the flies," Jess tells her.

" What is it?" Dani looks at her with questions and wants to know the answers. " She moved to New York after the second affair. " Dani was shocked and surprised simultaneously, " There was a second affair!? Does it say with who?'' Jess shook her head, " Yes, there was a second affair, but it doesn't who in this file and newspaper about it too." She passed me the newspaper as I read the paragraph about the affair.

Chole Heart's husband was seen leaving the motel in the morning and having a bag over his shoulder. He has messy hair and different clothing from last night when he was at the club with his brother and friends. It was shown that he brought a girl with him from the club, but we need to find out who this mystery girl is.

He didn't comment on anything when we confronted him about it, and he just got in his car and drove off. Billy wasn't in the right mind, and one person commented, " I bet he's glad that he did to his wife and broke her heart. Shame on him."

His mother was in disbelief, so she called us up and told us this; " My son would never do this to anyone. He isn't that person and won't hurt his wife's heart because he loves her so much. This is probably isn't him at all." she spoke with confidence. So I asked her one more question about this affair with someone he did with her. She thought for a moment, then opened her mouth to speak again, " Like I said before, this isn't him. You guys just want to make up a lie and want to ruin my family here. Billy cares and treasures his wife all." She hissed as she glared at us with hatred.

" What if this actually happened?" I questioned her as she sighed, " Then I would be disappointed in him." she responded, looking at us, then left without saying any word.

Billy finally commented with Chole as they held hands and looked at the camera. '' I didn't cheat on my wife, who I love so much. I would never do that." then the photo is at the top of the article of them holding hands.

Dani is shocked and looks at Jess, " He's mother mood changes quickly during the asking questions to her.'' Jess nodded as she hands her the newspaper back to her. " Yea," she says, agreeing with me. " Are we going to New York?" Dani asked as Jess smiled and nodded, " yes, we are. Get ready." Dani was surprised by that, " L-like right now!?" she stuttered out as Jess nodded and grabbed her car keys. " Yes, but we gotta pack the things we need for this, so let's go."

" How can we go to New York so quickly?!"

" I have my ways! "

" should I be concerned? "

" nah."

Dani narrowed her eyes at Jess and feeling unsettled by this, and doesn't know why she would be trusting Jess this quickly. Jess sighed, " I'll explain to you on the plan ride, but you gotta trust me on this because it only works better if we can trust together on this." Dani nodded softly " that's true, but if I get hurt or worse. "