Chapter 10, Stuck In New York, Part 3

The snowstorm hits New York during the night with everyone asleep, and nobody knows what is going on in the night's shadows. It was a quiet night, and the snowstorm was coming in and having the time of the night. The wind blew through the trees, and the leaves fell down on the ground; footsteps could be heard when they walked on the leaves that had fallen from the trees. The two shadows go to the hotel, and they notice the door guy is still awake; one shade groans and is annoyed by this. The other guy looked at him and grabbed a rock as the guy nodded in agreement with him.

The snow cover was foot tracked when Jeffrey walked up to the doorman and gave a fake smile, " What are you doing he-" he hit him with the rock and watched him fall onto the snow with the side of his head bleeding. Jeffrey and Norman enter the hotel and have their guns ready; they aim and fire.

------------- Meanwhile, with Jess and Dani--------------------

Jess POV

I awoke to the sound of guns gonna off, and I quickly got out of my bed and went to find Dani in the kitchen. " We need to hide now!" I tell her as she nods in agreement with her, and I grab my gun from the couch in the living room. " But can I help? I don't want to be a little girl hiding from someone or two people that could easily take you down." She tells me as I look at her. " I don't want you to get hurt, and you don't know how to fight." I tried to reason with her with the pleading tone of my voice.

I took out my cell phone, grabbed her arm, and put it in her hand. " If something happens to me, call the chief and tell the chief what happened here." She shook her head and looked with concern. " Listen to me; I am gonna distracted them long enough for you to get out of here before one of them decides to look for you." Dani and I heard footsteps approaching the door as I started to push her, " GO! Now!" She nodded and ran.

I got my gun ready and aimed at the door when I heard them hitting the door with the back of the gun.

Dani POV

I went to her room and opened the window when I heard the guns going off and screaming. Jess, please be okay. I got onto the fire escape, looked down at the stairs, and felt my legs become jelly. I can do this! Face my fear with a strong heart before they find me and kill me or worse. I started going down the stairs and then heard her bedroom door open. I felt my heart skip a beat and sweat down my forehead.

I went faster down the stairs as I heard the guy shooting down at me

I went faster down the stairs as I heard the guy shooting down at me. " The little rabbit is running away!" He shouted as I recognized that voice, but he wouldn't shoot at me unless something had happened to him? He called me a rabbit, so that means he's the wolf. Norman is shooting at me, meaning Jeffrey is fighting with Jess. " Go after her!" Jeffrey shouted back. I see him putting his gun away and getting on the first-floor fire escape while I am on the third one.

I quickly climb the stairs down, and he shoots at me every once in a while, and I still feel my legs shake with the fear in my bones. " You can stop this game of chase, Dani. You still have a choice in this situation." Norman says as I force on the stairs. " Your friend is safe and sound. " I flipped him off by that and don't believe him for what he's telling me about Jess being safe and sound.