Chapter 3 Friends....Forever?

Loneliness. It can be perceived differently by different people.Some find solace in it while for some it not less than suffocation.Some are confused whether they are happy or not for they feel lonely even when surrounded by many.
But even in solitude, everyone craves one person to tell them that there is absolutely nothing wrong in being alone.
Let me tell you this if you meet a loner, no matter what they tell you, it's not because they enjoy solitude. It's because they have tried to blend into the world before, and people continue to disappoint them.All they ever wanted was people to reach out and touch them not just with their hands but with their heart.
And the worst thing in life is not to end up all alone. It’s not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people that make you feel all alone.

Two weeks passed but for Anvika nothing changed as such.Everyday was awfully similar.Some girls in her class tried to talk to her but after one try no one came to her beacuse of her closed nature.She nevertheless did not get much affected as it was not unusual for her.
Anvika was having lunch in the cafetaria of their branch. She found out a great place isolated from everyone. At the far end near the window from where sunlight passed through and the garden area of college was visible.She found the spot very serene and calm and instantly liked it and ate there only. While eating she remembered the incident which took place four days ago.

Flashback (4 days ago)

Anvika was going to her spot when Virat noticed her and excitedly told Sahana and Daksh that she was the girl Anay bumped into. Listening him Anay instantly looked towards her along with Sahana and Daksh. Sahana and Virat looked at each other and walked towards her taking Anay and Daksh along with them.
"Hii, if you don't mind can we sit here?"asked Sahana.
Everyone was watching them as the four were like untouchables in the college and they were initiating the talk to someone, so everyone was waiting for the reaction of the girl in question.
Anvika was stunned for a second and then with a hesitant smile she agreed.Sahana along with the three boys sat on her table.
"Hmm let me introduce ourselves, i am Sahana Mishra and we are from CS branch 3rd year",Sahana introduced herself enthusiastically.
"Hii, i am Virat Sharma. Nice to meet you."said Virat with a grin.
When Daksh did not introduced himself Virat nudged him and Daksh sighed.
"Daksh Sinha", said Daksh blankly.Virat rolled his eyes at his lack of interest.

"Anay",at last Anay introduced himself with a racing heart.He himself did not know how can he be so nervous in front of a girl.When Anvika saw him she realised that he is the same boy who was involved in the fight.
Anay again saw fear in her eyes for him which he did not liked a bit. He did not understood why she is afraid of him.

"I am Anvika Bharadwaj",she did not give more details about herself.
"Hey do you remember him",asked Virat pointing towards Anay for which Anay glared at him.
Anvika did not know what to say then she said,"Yes i remember him", Anay's heart skipped a beat ,"i saw him beating a guy",she continued.
Anay clenched his fists, now he know why she fears him. Well good for her, now she will stay away from him.
Air thickened around them. Virat lightened the mood by cracking his playful jokes and all of them finished their food.
"Okay now we are leaving but whenever you need help you can contact any of us alright."said Sahana warmly.She liked Anvika, although she did not tell much about her, this proved that she is atleast not some desperate one to cling to them.
They went away leaving Anvika who was thinking why they approached her.

Flashback ends.

After the break, she went to washroom.She was just going to come out when she heard some girls of her class bitching about their friend who was apparently richer than them.

"What does she think of herself?Huh.If not for the fact that she is useful to me i would not have even talked to her let alone handle her tantrums.Hmf, bitch do not even give me any information about her brother.I mean common i am not goona take away her brother."snorted Riva, who bullies the scholarship students and flirts with every handsome boy out there.
"She's also a hypocrite she doesn't let us have fun with those trashes and preaches us to be little benevolent with them.Hmf and then orders us around.Attitude of miss two goody shoes is like that of a princess."complained Riva's minion.
"Dont worry dad has assured me that once i gain foothold in the life of her brother, i can do whatever with her.And then i will show her who she has messed with",Riva said proudly.
Her two more lackeys hmmed with her and encouraged her.

By listening to their complains, Anvika got reminded of some similar unpleasant words once directed at her.She lost her composure and came out of the cubicle to confront them.She never interferes in other's business but she could not control herself from giving them some piece of mind.

"Here you all are critising your friend and outside you all cling to her like glue.Are you all that shameless that on one hand you all suck up her like parasite and on the other you all can't wait to backstab her.What a true friendship you have with her",Anvika said sarcastically.
At first all were shocked and a little scared of her but Riva after calming her down stared at her haughtily.
"Ohh you are gonna tattle to her that how her good friends were backbiting her.Go on.Tell her.We will see who she believes, her friends or a mere stranger or i say a weirdo who always remains in her world."chuckled Riva.

After listening her Anvika was lost,she was also having second thoughts about it as she did not wanted any hussle in her new life.Should she tell or not, her brain was continuosly weighing the pros and cons of her action.

"She does not need to tell me for i have already known your true colours all this while.I was just procastinating to have a nice talk with you but now that we have come to this scenario where you all are so desperate to kick me out of your pack i don't need you to do the honours.I myself am breaking off the so called frienship with you all."Jia came out from outside and said coldly.
Colour drained from the faces of Riva and her friends. Giving them the last glance she walked out.Anvika was relieved to dodge the complicated situation and she also walked away after washing her hands.
When she was on her way to her class Jia stopped in front of her and said Thank you for standing for her.
"Its alright",saying Anvika continued to her class.
Jia watched her till she entered the class and suddenly a smile broke out on her face.She also ran,entered the class and went to sit beside Anvika who was dumbfounded by the turns of events.
She just raised her eyebrows questioning Jia and to answer that Jia just shrugged her shoulders.
"Ohk, you see,i am outcasted by them, so i thought why not i find myself a friend who atleast is not dual in nature.I really liked you defensing a stranger from her opportunist friends",said Jia sincerely.
Anvika did not expected that someone would want to be friends with her.She was nervous but also happy that atleast she was not alone anymore.
"Friends?",said Anvika with a smile that reached her eyes and holding out her hand for shake.
"Friends Forever",exclaimed Jia hugging Anvika tightly.
Anvika hugged her back content with the final outcome.

After reaching home, she hugged her mother telling her how she got a friend today.Her mother caressed her back telling she was so happy for her.

On the other hand Jia was also happy that finally someone was going to be her friend not because of her status and purely without any hidden motive.

Third chapter is here.

Jia and Anvika are friends now.And Anay wants Anvika to stay away from him.Any guesses why?
Anyways we will discover it in the upcoming chapters.

Hope you all will like the chapter.

Pls comment and vote.

Thank u
Yours Truly
AG