Chapter 15 Consultation

Lies are like termites that hollow out a relationship. Express how much they hurt. Lies usually start as harmless little cover-ups but become compelling reasons for never-ending problems.
Honesty and loyalty are most important qualities for a relationship to be successful. Liars think that they can get away by telling a lie but the truth comes out in some way or the other. Dishonesty in any relation is not a good sign for the future of any relationship.

But there is also another perspective, no i am not justifying the lies. Lies are wrong. But, what if the truth wasn’t right either? What if a lie was made for a strong reason?
To protect themselves. To preserve their sanity. To shield them from deceit.

Next day when Anvika and her family was preparing to go back, her cousins barged into her room and asked her to accompany them as they were going to sightseeing.
"We will have so much fun, we will go to Taj nature walk, and from there we will also go for boating",said one of her cousin.
"Anvi, we should go, that way i will also get to spend time with you."said Anahita.
"Ohk, I will come in half an hour downstairs and after breakfast we can go", said Anvika.
When they all left the room she started thinking about the day before's happenings. She thought that she should first focus on today as she is not able to enjoy with them as often so she should have  full advantage of it.
She finished her morning business, bathed and wore blue block print kurti with white pants. She left her hairs open, wore her watch and mojris in her feet.
She left the room and went to the dining table for breakfast.

All of them left for their most waited outing. They first went to taj mature walk where they walked, played and took pictures.
Anahita was noticing that Anvika was zoning out again and again, she took her aside to talk to her and relieve her of any problem.
When they were walking side by side, Anahita put forward her questions.
"Anvi, what is it that is bothering you so much, i am seeing you from last evening. Is the college not good, wait is someone bullying you again? You can tell me, i will do my best to help you?" said her always protective sister Anahita.
"No di, it isn't like that. No one is bullying me, and college, i think it is good as of now."said Anvika.
"Then what is the problem Anvi?"asked Anahita holding Anvika's hand.
Tears pooled in Anvika's eyes feeling the familiar warmth of her sister.
"I am confused di, i dont know what should i do?"said Anvika in cracked voice.
Anahita hugged her and rubbed her back asking her to calm down.
"I....someone i feel i...no someone i am very close to, i mean we are very good friends, he lied to me...no he hid something about him that is not something deterimental but he hid a very important part of himself from me and i am neither able to forgive him nor not forgive him. I dont know what i am saying right now...ugh...i mean i know it was for himself, i am not blaming him but i feel like he should have told me after we became close friends right... You know i am feeling like i am being unreasonable here but i am not able to bring myself to forgive him either." Anvika spoke all the things that were going in her mind and heart which were going on from last night.
"Relax Anvi", she rubbed her arms " you are hurt and you want him to know that you are hurt by his lie. Lies make any relationship a unhealthy and unstable one. You want to let him understand this that he cannot get away after lying to you. Although you also know that he was right so you are feeling conflicted. I would say, forget all of this, take a deep breath and live in today, leave the worries and when you feel like there is no burden left in you, face the conflicts of your heart. Make the decision after analysing the past events, your interactions with him, your trust on him. And if you are unable to take a decision based on the data available to you, add faith into the equation. Have faith in the higher power that has guided your life till now. And then try to take the decision. And you will find that it was along with you, the decision." said Anahita.
Anvika hugged her sister and nodded.
"By the way, is there something more than friendship in this case. Because i strongly smell it" teased Anahita.
Anvika widened her eyes and shook her head but the red tint on her cheeks gave away her denies.
"Anvika you know you should accept it if it is true, don't deny it. It is a very beautiful feeling and i want my sister to feel it" said Anahita sincerely.
Anvika got lost in her thoughts and after sometime she said "You know right, i dont want to hurt mumma papa, and also me. If it doesn't work then, and if it does work then what about its end. How will i tell mumma papa that i love someone and you don't need to look someone for me. They will be hurt di."said Anvika.
"How do you know that they will be hurt?" asked Anahita.
When Anvika did not answered, she again said "Anvi i think you should talk to them. I mean first talk to Yug and ask him about what will be your parent's reaction to it".
Anvika nodded.
"Hey, by the way we sure are soul sisters, do you know Shikhar also did something like that" Anvika looked at her in confusion "he also lied to me about something about him for which i ended my friendship with him. Atleast my sister is a mature one, handling these issues with sane mind." said Anahita pinching her cheeks.