Chapter 5 Felicity

Anvika's Pov

Life has not been easy for me. It never is, for anyone. The difference is some face a lot of problems while some a little less.But everyone has to go through some difficulties to grow into a better version of themselves.
I am not complaining that why i was on the receiving end of the sadist tendencies of those and why the ones who were mentally and sometimes physically abusing me were living their lives peacefully. No one deserves to be treated like that, when you feel like why you even exist and your value is nil. 

But when now i am living peacefully and happily also, i don't want days like those to come back.I just wish that my life remains like this, no chaos and no fear of the eyes watching and then judging your every movement like hawks.
I am content with my life right now, i have loving parents, doting brother, good career, and a true friend.
And Love? my inner conscience mocked me for thinking that i have every thing.
Love is sure on the bucket list of my life and why not, everyone desires the one person who you shares your sorrows, happiness, pain, success,failure, and your life. Love is a very pure feeling for me. Something divine, something in which after sacrificing is also bliss. I dont want it to happen in a spur of the moment, that snap the fingers and you are in love. What i want is slow burn progress, slowly slowly you get to see its budding and blooming which will be beautiful, fresh, colourful and filled with fragrance.

I sigh dreamily.

Huh ,i don't need to think about love right now.I should be focused on my studies. And my parents will also not like taking such big decision of my life alone.Although they support me in my every decision, it does not mean that they don't have any expections from me and they will not feel diasappointed with me. I know people say that it is their life, they will take their decisions but they forget that the ones that gave this life are our parents. Our parents also have desires to select a good partner for their child who they loves selflessly.Good partner in their eyes means the one who will keep their daughter happyand with whom they can trust their child with. And note it that they will not just select randomly any person from list of prospectives.They will go through the past, present and future of him/her and his/her relatives. I am saying this for responsible parents.And i know my parents will choose the best for me, so i don't want to waste my and his time for the thing limited to only a short period of time.I want something meaningful which lasts for lifetime.

I am incredible at overthinking, aren't i. I was reading here at the library and the topic from life when changed into something far away i didn't even noticed.I applaud my mind for imagining the whole script of my life when i know that nothing can go as planned in my life.
Phew, back to the earth Anvika.

I smiled remembering the excitement on Jia's face when i told her that i am also going to attend the freshers.She literally squealed with joy and hugged me repeatedly saying thank you and how she is excited for the same. She has asked me wait ordered me to go shopping with her tomorrow.
I walked outside to go home alone as Jia had went with her cousin early today.
Today bhai will come to fetch me as he said that he was missing our us time but he is not here yet.I took out my mobile to call him but it is switched off and it is not switching on, may be its battery died.I think i should wait here only he must be on his way.
After few minutes, i noticed some boys started collecting not far away. Dressed in black, smoking, whistling leaning on their bikes, the vibes they are giving is anything but good. Now i am a bit scared, i mean i am not some heroine of the movie who knows martial arts and can handle them effortlessly without getting a scratch.
Now they are whistling and talking loudly as if they want me to listen their rubbish.I am ignoring them and mentally crying, why did not i checked my battery before? Pls bhai come soon....
Suddenly a bike came to halt in front of me and i did not even looked towards the rider, i continued looking on the way from which bhai will come.
And he is just staying still, not saying anything, i mean isn't he supposed to make some comments, i am not by any means eager to listen the remarks about myself but this is what happens if there is no change in the script. Wait what if there is a change of plans.
("Author did you?", with suspicious look)( "No, i did not,hmf")