Chapter 6 Tasks

Anay's Pov

Finally the day has arrived for which i was waiting for. As i am also the part of organising committee, i got to know how the pairing was going to be and i didn't wanted to let this opportunity go to waste and see some other boy beside her. Also, i had to look over Jia also so that she doesn't end up teaming up with some other boy.So, i had devised a plan which served two purposes, having Anvika as my partner and preventing Jia from pairing with someone i don't trust. I cannot protect her openly but atleast i can provide her secure company.
Therefore, i beforehand took the same no. chits for me and Anvika and one pair for Jia and Daksh.Then i asked someone to replace their chits with my chits.
But i do not know any of the activities that are going to take place as they were devised by Sahana and some of her mates who are not going to participate in the games.They will just have to judge the games and enjoy the day.
So here i am, we are now going to play treasure hunt.
After collecting her envelope, Anvika is waiting for the timer to start.
"And the time starts now",announced the host.
Anvika quickly opened the envelope and there is a note inside reading
"I'm full of pins and interesting stuff
People stare and can't get enough
Paper and invites hang around
Up on the wall I can be found."

"What is this?",she whispered.
"Papers, pins, stare,on the wall....on the wall....
On the wall", we both said together looking at each other and a smile formed on her lips knowing that we got the answer.
We both went out of the hall and searched for our answer. And in the corridor there it was hanged on the wall.
Notice board.
We walked towards it and searched for another clue and it was hidden between the notice for freshers party like some decoration.
I pulled it out and opened the origami envelop. There was another clue in it ,

"A pile of words
Jackets of hordes
Take a quick look
In the place of the book."

"Do you understand anything from this?", i asked her.
She chanted the riddle like the mantra and few seconds later, her eyes lit up and i knew that she got the answer.
"Its Library", she grinned making her eyes look like crescents.
When i started to walk, she stopped me and removed her heels "Lets go", she said.
I stared at her feet and then at her and she just shrugged her shoulders and beckoned me to go along.
We reached the library and looked around.
"How are we going to find out in which book the clue is hidden?", i asked her.
"Lets read the clue again",she said.
When we read the clue again and again she suddenly looked towards the miniature model of library.And we found the clue in the form of a small book.
She read the riddle,

"To solve this little fix
Liquids, solids, gases mix
Head to the place of some reaction
To further this puzzle transaction."

"Its easy, its Science lab",i said.
"Hmm",she smiled.

And we went to science lab next, we entered the lab and went to table where reactions take place. Here it was our treasure which we hunted, it was looking like a small box having our college's seal.

"I think we should go fast, only three minutes are left."said Anvika.
"Dont worry, i know the short path", i said.

We reached in two minutes and submitted our found object. We were second to finish the task.
Soon many students arrived but only 13 pairs completed it.

"Very well done. Now is the time for second game which will be very interesting as it will test your strength. Any guesses?
The next activity is Arm wrestling, Boys vs Boys and Girls vs Girls. Both the team partners will play 5 games each and no. of wins of both the partners together has to be atleast 6 to pass the activity.
Now lets start the fight", announced the host.
I was confident that i could win all the matches but seeing the tense face of Anvika i could guess that she is not.
"How many will you be able to win?" i asked her.
"I honestly don't know", she sighed.
"Hmm, you only have to win 1 match and rest i will handle and we will pass the basic level. You can relax." i assured her.
"Really, only one. Umm if you are doing so much then i will also try to win more than one." she said with determination.
Then all of us went to tables arranged for the arm wrestling. Both the partners will compete one after another.
I have won 3 matches straight till now and Anvika is continuously cheering for me. I didn't tell her my name so she's just saying 'common sir','you can do it' etc although just enough loud for me to hear. And her cheerings fueled me to win every single match.
"Yay, you won 5 of them", she said happily.
"Now it is my turn and i will do my best", Anvika said seriously.
Before the start of this task, i taught her some tricks to win without applying much strength and asked her to watch me apply them.
Out of the three matches till now she has won 2, and we are past the risk of fail.
"You are doing good, relax", i encouraged her.
The game is finished and we have won 8 matches.And this time we are first and Jia and daksh are second with 7 wins.

The points are being given at each game according to their performance and at last all will be added to get the winner with highest points.

"Now is the time for third task and its name is Charade in which you will have to correctly guess the movie name after seeing the actions of your respective partners. Both the partners will have to take turns at guessing and acting. As for which movie you will be acting out, it will be decided by again chits.", the host explained.

I looked at Anvika to ask her if she knows to play the game better.Girls generally ace in these types of games.
And she proved me right when she nodded.
We discussed our strategies on how we will easily explain the words without getting confused.
Now its our turn and everyone is looking towards us. Anvika is going to act first and i will be guessing.
She picked the chit, read it and gave me 2 fingers, and thumps down meaning that the movie is hollywood of two words.Then she made the sign by her hands for its genre which was heart and my heart started beating so loudly that i could hear it.It was such a refreshing sight to watch.
Then she furiously waved her hands to bring me out of my daydreaming and i woke up taking in sight of her frustated face. I answered her 'romantic' quickly so that she doesnt loose her temper.
She then explained the second word leaving first, she made the gestures of writing, holding book and i said them but they were wrong.What is it?
She again emphasized on writing. Then she suddenly gestured to break the word into two and second of that is book that i understood. Then first of second word she explained by doing actions of sticky notes.Wait, i think i got the answer.
"The Notebook", i answered immediately and it was correct.
And i answered the next one also correctly which was hindi movie 'Dil maange more'.
And soon it was my chance to act and her to guess.
First movie came was 'Jalebi' which was quiet easy and she also answered it quickly.
The second movie was again south indian movie 'Sita Ramam' which i acted out by imitating Lord Ram's bow and arrow pose and she immediately got the hint and answered it right.
Everyone was praising our compatibility and i was very happy inside to listen them.

We qualified the task with highest points and our position was shared by one more group.

"Hello everyone, i am back with the fourth activity and that is to show your talent. The juniors will have to show their one special talent and seniors will be helping them. As for how, this is your concern", said the host.

Listening to him, everyone started discussing among themselves what will they do or perform.

I turned towards her and asked her what can she do to impress the judges.
"I can play flute and guitar as of now. If you can sing well it will be icing on the cake."she said.
"Hmm, can you sing also?" i asked her.
"I can but not that good thats why i asked if you could", she replied.
"Dont worry about that you can sing the song which suits your voice and i know how to make it look better. You can trust me on this."i said to her.
"Ohk",she said.
I made a call to Virat to get me a few things to implement my plan.

Soon it was our turn, i asked her to sit on the chair in the centre. And i put some mirrors around her on such angles that when i flash some light on one mirror it reflects on other and then from it to another to form a hexagonal boundary of light at the centre of which she would be sitting.
The lights of hall got dimmed and i flashed big white light from torch on one mirror and it formed the hexagonal shape. I signaled her to start.
She started playing the guitar and singing the song 'someone you loved'. I think our plan worked because she was looking so surreal.
She finished and the hall broke out in the applause for the wonderful performance.

We are going to be the winner of this round i can see it by the reactions of judges.After she finished she walked towards me happily and thanked me for giving such a beautiful effect around her.
We without a doubt were the winners.

"Now is the time for final and most wanted task of the night, yeah you guessed it right its dance", the host announced excitedly.

Chapter 6 is here guys.

I hope you all will like it.

Please vote and comment.

Thank u
Yours Truly
AG