Chapter 7 Crowned by him

"So, finally the time has come for last event of the day and that is Couple dance",said the host of the evening making the whole hall full of students to erupt into the squeals and hootings.

"Rules are the same, you will dance with your partner chosen for the previous tasks and judges will be giving you marks accordingly.The final winners of today will be announced after the dance. So please come on the dance floor at the centre with your respective partners",said the host.
Everyone present there came to stand beside their partners ready to start.

"Music",said the host.

And the song started,
(Perfect by Ed Sheeran for english
Rabtaa by Arijit Singh for hindi )

Couples started moving gracefully on the floor synchronising each other's step.Dressed in flowy gowns, tuxedo and masks on each other's faces dancing in the well decorated hall, they were feeling as if they are in a fairytale movie.

Among them one couple stood out the most, girl dressed in the wine red off shoulder gown with black and maroon mask and boy in black tuxedo paired with black mask.They were dancing effortlessly looking in the eyes of each other as if they have done it number of times.
Their chemistry was unmatched,their moves graceful and lipsing the song as if it was made for them.Magical was the word befitting them.

Anvika felt something stirring in her heart ,she has never been this close to any boy except her family

Anvika felt something stirring in her heart ,she has never been this close to any boy except her family. Anay was also feeling his heart beating in his ribcage so loudly he thought it may come out any moment. Was this how it felt being close to the one he desired. Then this was one heavenly feeling and he was not going to be tired out by it.

Suddenly, music stopped, lights went out, darkness prevailed with very dim lights just enough to make out the presence of people and spotlight flashed on the couple in red and black.
Anvika was shocked that flashlight was on them meaning that they have won this task as well.

"Wow, this time also you both are the winners. I think we will have to wait for the final result till then you all can have some refreshment and come here exactly after half an hour", the host announced.

"Let's go and eat something",Anay said to Anvika.
"Hmm", Anvika said.
Jia and Daksh also joined them.
"Anvika, are you not nervous for the result?",asked Jia.
"Why will i be when i don't want to win",said Anvika.
Listening her, Jia, Anay and Daksh were shocked.
"What? You don't want to win but why?"asked shocked Jia.
"I don't like attention and after i win everyone's eyes will be on me, thats why", replied Anvika.
"Ohh, then why did you perform so good?", asked confused Jia.
"I got carried away in the excitement as i was first time having this kind of fun",Anvika said sheepishly.
"Oh my god, Anvika you are so cute", Jia pulled Anvika's cheeks.

"Its time for the result, let's go",said Anay.
They all went near the stage and stood there.
"Welcome back everyone, now is the time to announce the winners of this year's freshers.
So there will be two couples who will be the winners one junior girl with senior boy and other junior boy with senior girl. Now i would like to announce the results which you all are so waiting for.
The first winner is couple in white and navy blue."
And whole hall erupted in the applause and hootings.
"Wait guys, and the second winner is couple in red and black......a very hearty congratulations to them".
Anvika was stunned, she did not wanted to be the winner and she started sweating.
"Its okay, you cannot undo your performance, can you? Then why are you getting nervous. Every person here is praising you and should be happy about it not be nervous", Anay tried to calm her down.
She nodded slowly.
Jia came and hugged the life out of her.
"Oh my god, oh my god,i am so happy for you Anvika", said Jia happily.