Chapter 17 Evil Ploy

Anvika's POV

Some people describe it as a dull ache, others as piercing, while still others experience it as a crushing sensation. The pain can last for a few seconds and then subside, or it can be chronic, hanging over your days and depleting you like just like the pain, say, of a back injury or a migraine.
But you know what truly aches? Having so much inside you and not having the slightest clue of how to pour it out. I cry even harder, thinking of how it could have been, of how I thought it would be.

Saying his name stabbed my heart, like someone had ripped through my carefully stitched up world and exposed the infected, pulsing red tissue that I thought was healing.Perhaps this is what the stories meant when they called somebody heartsick. Your heart and your stomach and your whole insides felt empty and hollow and aching. My insides feel like they are crumbling like a towering JENGA game.

I lost. My hopes were all dead -- struck with a subtle doom, such as, in one night, fell on all the first-born in the land of Egypt. I looked on my cherished wishes, yesterday so blooming and glowing; they lay stark, chill, livid corpses that could never revive. I looked at my love, that feeling which i had just been recognised, which he had created, it shivered in my heart, like a suffering child in a cold cradle; sickness and anguish had seized it; it could not seek his arms, it could not derive warmth from his heart. Oh, never more could it turn to him; for faith was blighted and confidence destroyed!

I never thought that in just one day my life took a whole turn. Yesterday i was feeling the butterflies in my stomach due to this feeling called love and today the same feeling is punching my guts and squeezing my heart. Have i known this was going to be the end, i would have refrained myself from even delving into them. As always bringing myself upon the constant heartache and painful nightmares for another phase of my life, as if the previous ones were not enough to scar my soul forever.

I cried sitting in my balcony staring at the stars who have witnessed my agonies, my cries, my torments, my grief and the breaking of my fragile heart again and again over the years.

I did not know that this love which everyone craves to feel would give me this piercing in my heart. I should have not let myself being carried away, i should have guarded my heart but i being the stupid fool again thought that i can also have some happiness, and i did have, its just that it was momentary.
Today my all misconceptions got cleared whether about a person or of life. I was loving a person who already has someone in his life, who was already engaged to his love of life. I am once again proven wrong that these words and relations like friendship and love have no meaning in my life. Love or not atleast i was his friend he so preached that day about and he could have told me about that he is already someone else's, atleast i would have maintained my distance from him of my heart.
Today everyone in the college was talking about how compatible they are and how good they look together giving me wierd looks. When i got to know that they were talking about him and his.....i feel my heart cracking even about thinking that, my world stopped and i got numbed. I could not get my head around listening to them. I mean that all sounded absurd but sure it sounds absurd when you love someone and that someone is not meant to be yours.
I held myself from breaking in the hallway in front of everyone who were waiting for my reaction. I walked fastly from there barely controlling my tears and went to the backyard garden of college where no one comes. I dialled his number but then cut off before it could connect. What was i going to ask him? That you are engaged and you did not told me. And he would tell me that he was going to tell me like that how he was going to tell me his real identity.
I again dialled a number but this time a different one, his sister's who had not came today and i could not get through the call. Her phone was switched off. Are these siblings playing me? One is lieing and other is covering up for him. I tried calling her many times but same result. And then i could not stop myself from calling him, i think he is answerable to me so he should not get offended by this sudden interrogation but whom i was kidding he cut my call. When i again tried it the lady spoke the same annoying sentence and then it suddenly clicked me that he had blocked me. And i was shocked would be understatement. And i started laughing loudly at my fate,at my life, what a joke it was, never disappointing me.
And then also my naive heart did not conceded defeat and told me to once again try. I complied and went to the building where the conference is taking place. I went inside and asked for him. I went to the rest area and got rooted on the spot seeing them.

And i wish i had not gave into my heart's pleadings, i wish i had not raised my hopes only to got them crushed. After what i saw was enough to get my mind straight and out of fantasy world.
My eyes burned with fresh tears remembering him hugging and kissing her. I ran from there stumbling on my way and straight to my home, my room where i can cry my heart out over the loss of my first love.

But its enough i should not let it affect me, my family is already stressed for me, i cannot give them more. I will not let them see my pain, i will smile for them and i will live for them.

Anvika's POV ends.

Here Anvika was heartbroken and crying but little did she knew that it was just the beginning and the upcoming days were going to be hell. On the other hand Anay was also restless. Though he was very busy he did not forget to check his phone again and again in case he missed her call. He thought that what is taking so long in forgiving him but he did not had much time to ponder on other things so he left it.

And Mahira was happy that her scheme was working. She did not think that today such an opportunity would come to her that would be icing on the cake to her plan. She immediately called Anay to the rest area saying that it was an emergency and hugged him. And as his back was facing Anvika, she did not see him not hugging her and trying to shirk her off, and taking this advantage she made such angle of her face that it seemed they were kissing.
She got satisfied seeing her pale face and smirked thinking that her goal is nearing her.

Later she made a plan for going out with Anay but she knew that he will not come alone with her so she made their common friend to force him into coming in the disguise that they were going to discuss the project.
When they reached the cafe, they went to the window seat, Mahira sat in front of Anay with her friend beside her. After sometime she began taking pictures and took almost everything's picture, their hands brushing, him looking outside with the smile and at last she took selfie of them all.

She posted some on her social media account including the group photo but cropping it and making it only the couple photo. She also wrote the crappy caption about how she is happy in their so called relationship.
They came back and she got teased by everyone saying how everyone envies their true love and her blushing on their comments.

To not let her hard work go to waste she again filled the minds of her groupmates and other students with lies. She acted that she is suddenly facing problems in their relationship and that is because of some girl who is his friend. She only said this and others jointed the clues making more colourful stories without getting into real truth.

The little spark that Mahira lit took shape of the huge fire which was soon going to burn Anvika.

Hello everyone, so this was chapter 17.

Mahira is not letting anything go out of her hand, she is manipulating, twisting the truth, creating misunderstandings and what not.
And our poor Anvika, she has suffered quite enough but there is more coming. Hopefully she survives this.

I request you all to add this book in your library in case you forget about it.

Anyway, please read, vote and comment. I really appreciate and is in need of some motivation so please dear readers lift your poor author's spirits.

Thank you
Yours Truly
AG.