9- Decay

Akira

We changed into our costumes and waited outside the school. I saw Uraraka and Midoriya talking and Mineta trying to sneak a peek of Uraraka's butt. I teleported behind Mineta and gave him a kick in the back. He turned behind to see who kicked him.

"What do you think you're doing." I levelled my face with his.

"N...nothing!"

"Then shoo off, grape head."

He scurried away, and Bakugo walked over with a smirk.

"Since when did you turn out to be so mean?"

"He was drooling over Uraraka's butt!" I whispered so that Uraraka wouldn't hear it. "Plus, hanging out with you had to have some effect."

I nudged him lightly. He put his elbow on my shoulder and sighed.

"Boring lesson today."

"It's not boring! Rescue is one of the hero's most important jobs."

"Tch, why can't they let me fight a damn villain?!"

"Katsu! You can't be a hero without rescuing people in danger." I pushed him.

"Don't push me." He pushed me back.

He tried to get me off balance and throw me to the ground. It turned into a pushing contest, and in the end, Aizawa sensei had to stop us.

Iida blew a whistle, calling us to gather around. Once we boarded the bus, Iida despaired because it ruined the seating order he had planned. I was seated in between Mina and Kaminari when Tsu said something about Midoriyas quirk.

"Your quirk is like all might."

"Y-you think so?!" Midoriya blurted. I knew that look on his face. There's something I'm missing here. I thought to myself.

"Wait a sec, Tsu, All might doesn't get hurt when he uses his. They just kind of look the same." Kirishima said.

"He has a point," I said, joining in the conversation.

"But it's nice to have a simple augmenting type quirk." Kirishima continued. "You can do lots of flashy stuff!"

He hardened his arm.

"My hardening's strong against others, but it doesn't look like much."

"I think it's really cool!" Midoriya admired. "It's a quirk that can definitely pass as a pro."

"My navel laser is pro-level in both flashiness and strength," Ayoma stated.

"But it's not great that it gives you a stomachache." Mina patted his shoulder.

"Well, if you're talking about flashy and strong," Kirishima said. "It's gotta be Todoroki, Bakugo and Sano, though, huh?"

Bakugo looked over, hearing his name and clicked his tongue.

"My quirk isn't flashy tho." I pointed at myself.

"Well, you know you can teleport around really fast and catch people off guard. You have an advantage." Tsu said with a finger on her chin and then pointed at Bakugo. "Bakugo's always mad, so he doesn't seem like he will be popular."

I knew what was coming next and rolled my eyes.

"What the hell! You wanna fight!" The ash blonde jumped out of his seat, scaring poor Jirou.

"See?" Asui pointed.

"We haven't known each other for that long, so it's amazing that everyone already knows that his personality is crap steeped in sewage," Kaminari said slyly.