16- Paint

Akira

After my Match with Todoroki, the 3rd round would be over. If I won this round, I'd get to fight against Katsuki. Another reason why I wanted to do my best.

"Now for the last match of the 3rd round! Akira Sano against Shoto Todoroki!" Present Mic exclaimed enthusiastically.

Cheers erupted from the crowd, various people chanting my name, some chanting Todoroki's name. It was a match between the top two, after all.

I looked at the boy standing in front of me. His eyes looked sad and cold, staring back into mine. He wasn't going to use his left side, was he?

"Start!" Midnight yelled.

Todoroki would try and immobilise me first since that's what he tried on other opponents. When I noticed the slightest movement from his right arm, I teleported behind him.

"A huge wall of ice?! But he hasn't captured Sano yet!"

I kicked his back, the thick soles of my boots sinking into his skin. He turned around to send another ice wall, but I rolled on the ground to avoid it. I attacked his left side again, sending a punch to the left side of his waist.

"Use your damn flames!" I yelled, punching his gut. He touched my arm with his right side, barely freezing it in time. He put a foot forward to freeze the ground in front of him, and I teleported behind him again.

"You could teleport me out of bounds with the number of times you've touched me." He hissed.

"Are you underestimating me? Am I not strong enough for you to use your left side?" I yelled at him.

We were inches away from the boundaries. I grabbed his left arm to use an overhead throw. He looked at his left arm hesitantly and froze one of my shoes, skating on a wall of ice to avoid being thrown out of bounds. Luckily, he just froze my shoe, so I left my shoe on the frozen ground and fought without one shoe. My feet hurt from the frozen ground, but I went on either way.

"Everyone is giving their best!" I screamed. "You're the only one that's half-assing this. I don't want to pass this round feeling like it was nothing!"

Todoroki's eyes went wide, red and blue piercing into me. He held out his left arm and bright orange flames covered his sleeve. A wide grin plastered over my face as I dashed forward, keeping my body low with a fist formed on my side. As I punched his gut, his flames went out. His sad eyes were back as if he regretted using it. I looked at his face hopelessly.

"Why did I even try?" I asked.

With all my energy, I punched his nose, teleporting him out of bounds the moment my fist touched him.

"Todoroki is out of bounds!" Midnight declared.

I clenched my fist and made my way to Todoroki, who was staring at the ground aimlessly, blood gushing from his nose. I sent a punch on his cheek and then dug my knee into his stomach.

"Sano, stop it!" Midnight yelled.

"The next one is on your balls." I hissed, ignoring what Midnight said. I lifted my knee up to kick him again, but this time I hit the ground, falling asleep.

...

I woke up in a waiting room on a bed with coarse sheets. Bakugo was sitting on a chair beside me.

"Hey idiot," He greeted me when I opened my eyes.

"THAT CANDY CANE!" I jumped up. "I'M GONNA CHOP HIM INTO BITS!"