47- It's Okay To Cry

Akira

It was a chill evening, and I was sitting on the balcony, listening to music and sketching something. Dark clouds took over the sky, and a cool breeze washed my hair now and then. I predicted it would rain during the night. I hummed along with the song and continued sketching, sitting on a chair, feet up on the railing. I heard the door to my room knock.

"Come in!" I yelled.

A greenhead peeked inside and stepped inside when he saw me on the balcony. "Hi, Aki-chan!"

"Hi, Zuku, come join me. The weather is amazing."

He came inside the balcony, sitting on the beanbag I bought from inside for him. "Ah, I think it will rain soon," Midoriya said.

"Yeah, I guess," I replied, looking up from my sketchbook.

"What are you sketching, Aki-chan?" He asked, glancing at my sketchbook curiously.

"Well... I was thinking of changing my costume. Like completely change it." I handed him the sketchbook so he could see. His eyes lit up when he saw the sketch.

"It looks so cool, Aki-chan! You're planning on adding a dagger too?!"

"Yeah..." I smiled, scratching my cheek. "Thought it would be cool. There isn't much to my quirk other than using it and throwing kicks and punches. Thought it'd be cool to add a weapon."

"Ehh?! But your quirk is super cool, Aki-chan! And your kicks are super badass and strong! Although I do think it's a good idea to have a weapon in hand." He began his usual muttering, rubbing his chin. I smiled, looking at him get so enthusiastic over small things. I felt a few drops of water fall on my face and looked up to see tiny droplets fall from the sky.

"It's starting to rain. Let's go inside." I gathered everything, and we went back to my room.

"Wanna play UNO?" I asked, getting a deck of cards from a drawer.

"I'd love to!" He grinned, closing his eyes. We sat on the bed, and I shuffled the deck, dealing the cards. I smirked, satisfied, looking at two draw four cards.

"I don't plan on losing," I warned.

"N-neither do I!"

I lost.

"No way! I complained. "I demand a rematch!"

"Sure." Midoriya smiled competently. "I'm going to win again."

"In your dreams!"

I lost seven more times.

"The game is rigged," I said, glaring at the discard pile.

"But, you're the one serving, Aki-chan. Oh- we're playing again?"

"I have to win at least once!" I yelled.

"O-okay."

I lost again.

"Ugh, I give up!" I kicked the cards away. "I'll set these stupid things on fire."

Midoriya laughed, watching me stomp the cards. I huffed and sat beside him, pouting at my loss. Midoriya looked outside the window. It was heavily pouring now.

"Aki-chan?"

"Yes?"

"You know, don't you?" He asked, looking at the ceiling.

"I know a lot of things. What exactly are you asking about?" I asked, confused at the sudden question.

"My quirk."