61- Don't Worry

Akira

There it was.

The closet.

My breath was ragged, and I stared at the closet in my old room. I wasn't going to open it. No matter what. I walked out of my room, hands trembling. But when I got out, I was back in my room. I shook my head and looked at the closet again.

I wasn't going to open it.

Not when I knew she was behind it, having already died of bleeding, to death.

...

My eyes snapped open. A few monitors beeped around me, and an oxygen mask was strapped on my face. I was at a hospital. I recalled the events of that night. The last thing I remembered was getting stabbed in my right shoulder and passing out by some weird gas. How long have I been here...?

I turned my head to the side and saw Katsuki sleeping on a chair, his legs spread wide, his head thrown back, and his Adam's apple protruding out. He snored softly. I smiled and sat up with slight discomfort, taking off the oxygen mask. My movement made Katsuki stir in his sleep. He opened his eyes and looked at me with wide eyes.

"Holy fuck, you're awake!" He exclaimed, rushing out of the chair, making it topple over as it fell. He hugged me, holding me as if I were a frail doll. He buried his head in the nape of my neck. "You gave me a fuckin' scare." His voice trembled.

I pulled away and bought my hand to his jawline. I was surprised when I saw his crimson eyes beaded with tears.

"K-Katsuki, why are you crying?!" I looked at him, cupping his face.

"What do you mean, 'why are you crying'?!" He yelled. "I saw you and Endeavor's sidekicks passed out on the TV. And then there you were lying unconscious with a fucking knife in your shoulder!" He wiped his tears away with his forearms. "You four got carbon monoxide poisoning. I was fucking worried about you! Do you know how it felt to see you lying in an oxygen chamber?"

"I'm fine now," I assured him. "I'm here. See?"

He took a deep breath and opened the door, asking the nurse to get a doctor. He came back in and hugged me again, his head on my chest. I stroked his ash blonde hair, smiling down at him.

"For how long was I here," I asked.

"3rd day today." He muffled in my chest. He bought his face to my lips and kissed me softly as if I'd break if he pressed his lips onto me too hard.

"Ahem." The doctor opened the door, and Katsuki pulled back, scowling, freezing, when he saw who the doctor was. A blush bloomed on my cheeks too. It was awkward to have your dad walk up on you kissing your boyfriend.

So I happened to be admitted where Dad was working. Amazing.

"Hi, Dad." I grinned.

"It's Dr. Dad, Missy." Dad winked, putting on his stethoscope. He checked my heartbeat and breathing. He glanced at the monitor displaying my blood pressure and heartbeat, noting it down on a notepad.

"We'll run a few tests to check if the gas is out of your system," Dad said. "Hopefully, it's all good, and then you're good to go." He looked up at the ceiling and sighed. He looked at me again and patted my head lovingly. Katsuki left the room, giving us some space.

"I know you're a hero now, and it's normal to get in risky situations... but I still... I was scared I'd lose you. When I saw you on the stretcher with other sidekicks... my heart sank."