24- Hospital

Wrote this in a hurry :/

...

Akira 

I slowly opened my eyes to the smell of antiseptic. Typical hospital smell. I groaned, looking at the IV in my vein.

"She's awake," Midoriya said, looking at me worried. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine... I guess." I replied, trying to sit up, but my whole body ached. My arm was in a sling, stitches from my chin to my collarbone. Probably on my waist too.

Midoriya and Todoroki stood beside me while Iida sat with legs crossed on his bed.

"Thinking about it, we did something amazing, huh?" I mumbled, staring at the ceiling.

"Yeah," Todoroki replied.

"Seeing an ending like that makes you feel like it's a miracle we're alive," Midoriya said.

The door slipped open, and two pro heroes came in. One of them was a muscular guy that reminded me of a shark and the short old hero.

"Oh, you wounded kids awake?" Gran Torino said.

"Kid, I got a lot of complaints for you." Gran Torino said, looking at Midoriya. "But before that, you've got a visitor."

A tall man with a dog face entered the room. He had his hands in the pocket of his jet-black blazer. Hands or paws? I wondered, confused.

"Hosu's chief of police, Kenji Tsuragamae."

I swung my legs down the bed and sat up straight, politely. Is he a dog or a human...? I thought, looking at him.

"Oh, you can just stay seated, woof." The chief said.

Woof? I opened my mouth in surprise.

"You must be the UA students who bought down the hero killer, right?"

"Yes," Todoroki replied.

"Regarding the hero killer we arrested..." The chief said. "He has fairly serious injuries with burns and broken bones, and is receiving treatment under strict guard, woof."

"Even up against the hero killer, for uncertified individuals to cause injuries with their quirks without specific instructions from their guardians or supervisors is a clear violation of the rules."

Violation of rules... Where is this going?

"The three of you, and the pro heroes Endeavor, Manual and Gran Torino must receive strict punishment."

"Wait a minute!" Todoroki said, angry. "If Iida wouldn't do anything, Native would have been killed. If Midoriya hadn't come, then the two of them would have been killed. Are you saying we should have followed the rules and watched them get killed?"

I nodded my head in agreement with Todoroki. Todoroki took a step towards the chief, but Midoriya stopped him.

"Are you saying that as long as it turns out alright, it's okay to bend the rules?" The chief asked, boring his brown pup-like eyes into ours.

"Isn't it a hero's job to save people?" Todoroki asked, seething.

"This is why you aren't a full-fledged hero yet. What are you being taught by UA and Endeavor, woof?"

"You damn mutt!" Todoroki marched to the 'mutt'.

"Stop it, Shoto." I stopped him by grabbing his elbow. "He is right."

"That was the official opinion of the police. The punishment would only happen if all this were made public, woof."

The chief then asked us if we wanted to make our fight with Stain public, or not. We agreed on keeping silent about it since we could avoid punishment this way.