20- Homework

Akira

"You guys are going to write a descriptive piece called The Shopping Center!" Present mic said, jotting down our assignment on the board. "900 words, by the way."

"900 words?!" I tore my eyes at Present Mic. "That's a lot!"

"Yeah, sensei that's not fair!" Kaminari backed me up. "And you want us to turn it in by tomorrow?!"

The class started protesting over the assignment Present Mic had given us.

"OKAY, SETTLE DOWN, YOUNGUNS!" Present mic yelled. "You can do it in pairs, and I'm changing the word limit to 500 words."

"Hey, Akira let's work in a tea-" Kaminari walked up to me, but I had already paired up with Bakugo.

"Ah, sorry, I paired up with Bakugo," I said, sweatdropping.

"I'll just pair up with Sero or Kirishima then," Kaminari said in a hurt tone.

Everybody had settled in duos, leaving Mineta alone. He frantically ran around the class, asking someone to let him join their group.

"What about me, Present Mic sensei?!" He complained.

"Well, I guess you will work alone." Present Mic shrugged. "Okay, that marks the end of today's lessons. I better have your essays on my table tomorrow."

I threw my bag on my shoulder, reading the texts I got from Aoki.

Aoki: Hey

Aoki: I just got outta school.

Aoki: Wanna get some food together?

As soon as I read the texts from Aoki, I got an incoming call from him.

"Hey, Sano." He greeted cheerfully over the phone.

Bakugo wanted to say something, but he remained silent, seeing me on the phone. We walked to the station, Bakugo tailing behind me with a visible pout adorning his face.

"Not getting your attention?" I heard Mina tease Bakugo.

"You've got competition, Bakubro!" Sero whispered. I could hear the smirk in his tone.

I paid little attention to what my chaotic friends were yelling at me since I was busy in a conversation with Aoki.

"I have an essay due tomorrow, and I gotta pack stuff for my internship as well," I said apologetically as I sat on the train next to Bakugo.

"Ah, that's fine," Aoki said over the phone. "You're leaving on Friday?"

"Yup!" I said, popping the letter P.

"Well, get back safe."

"Thanks, Aoki. I'll treat you to ice cream when I get back to make up for today." I giggled. Bakugo evidently tensed up beside me. Kaminari wiggled his eyebrow at Bakugo.

I put my phone back in my bag and faced my eager pink friend, who immediately bombarded me with questions.

"Was that a boy?!" She asked with sparkling eyes.

"Yeah," I replied, looking at Bakugo, who was scowling, pretending like he wasn't listening to what we were talking about.

"What does he look like?! Is he cute? Hot? Sexy?" Mina asked enthusiastically. "Do you have a picture?!"

"Yeah, I do," I said, taking out my phone and showing her a selfie with Aoki. We were both pouting in that picture with a cat ears filter.

"He's so fucking hot!" Mina gasped. "Oh my god! Why didn't you tell me you work with such an angel."