43- Put It Into Action

Late update, but here's a long chapter. I'm sorry for any errors in the text in advance.

...

Akira

"You see, Todoroki and I visited Midoriya yesterday too." Kirishima told me. We got off the train and were walking towards the hospital. "We saw All Might and an officer talking to Yaoyorozu. She attached a tracking device to a villain... and she has a device that can receive its signal."

I gasped and looked at Kirishima with wide eyes. "Then does that mean we can..."

Kirishima nodded his head. "I was thinking we could ask her to make another receiver."

"That's brilliant," I said, my voice barely a whisper.

"I'm sorry for not telling you sooner," Kirishima said with apologetic eyes. "But, I discussed it with Todoroki."

"No, it's fine, Ei." I smiled. "There's a way for us to save Katsuki now."

Almost the entire class was already there when we slid open Midoriya's door. I pushed through the crowd and kneeled beside Midoriya, hugging his neck.

"Izuku, how are you?" I asked, worry lacing my voice.

"Akira...chan." He smiled. His arms were in a cast. "Is everyone here?"

"17 of us," Mina said.

"Jirou and Hakagure are still unconscious from the gas. Yaourozu got hit hard on the head and is hospitalised here. So everyone but those three came..." Iida said, pushing his glasses up on the bridge of his nose.

"And Bakugo's not here..." Todoroki said.

Midoriyas emerald eyes watered up, and he looked at the ceiling. "I was in a place where I could reach him... I had to save him..." His voice cracked. "That's what my quirk is for." My face dropped as I looked down at my sandals. He was blaming himself too. I was feeling the same yesterday. I could have Teleported into the purple portal and yanked him out. I could run faster and yanked him out. But I couldn't. I was too slow.

"It's exactly like what Mr Aizawa said to me." Midoriya continued. "My body wouldn't move... It was all I could do to save Kota-kun... I couldn't save someone right in front of me." Tears gushed freely out of his eyes, dropping on the pillow.

"Izuku," I said, standing up and dusting my knees. "You're not alone. I was there too. And given the speed of my teleportation, I could have done something. But my knees seemed to buckle, and I couldn't do a damn thing. But it's not over yet." Midoriya was now looking at me, curiosity behind his teary eyes. "Let's save him."

"Eh?!" The whole class dropped their jaws. All except Kirishima and

Todoroki. Kirishima explained the tracking device and the receiver.

Midoriya stopped crying and looked at us, mouth slightly open. I smiled and wiped away his tears with my thumb.

"It's as All Might said!" Iida snapped. I turned around, looking at his tall and angry figure. "This is something we should leave to the pros! This isn't the place for us to act, idiots!"

"We know that!" Kirishima yelled back. I never saw him snap that way at a friend before. His red eyes had anger and regret in them. "After I heard that my friend was being targeted, I couldn't do a thing! I didn't do a thing! If I don't do anything now, I won't be a hero or a man anymore!"

"But, Iida is right." Asui said.

"All of you are right." Kirishima's voice cracked. "I know that. But! Hey, Midoriya, your hand can still reach!" Kirishima held his hand out to Midoriya. "We can go save him!"