18- Necklace

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR 300 READS. AND THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH FOR ADDING THIS BOOK TO YOUR READING LISTS!

Ily guys! ♥

...

Bakugo

I woke up with my head buried in softness and warmth.

My head was buried in Akira's stomach, and my arms wrapped around her waist. Her hand was still in my hair. I was pretty sure my face was levelled with hers when I fell asleep. One of us probably shifted in our sleep. I did not bother getting out of bed. I wanted this warmth.

I was drifting back to sleep when I heard Akira muttering in her sleep.

"I'm sorry." She muttered.

I sat up and took a look at her face. A few tears were rolling down her face. She's still having nightmares.

I wiped her tears with my thumb, admiring her face washing in sunlight creeping through the curtains.

"I'm sorry." She flinched.

"Shhh." I patted her head. "I'm here."

My touch soothed her, and she stopped stirring. Her face looked serene and angelic. I could stare at it forever. Unfortunately, my old hag had to barge in.

"WAKE UP YOU TWO, ITS TIME FOR BREAKFAST!" She kicked the door open.

"SHUT UP, SHE'LL WAKE UP!" I yelled at her.

"THAT'S NOT A WAY TO TALK TO YOUR MOTHER!"

"I JUST ASKED YOU TO BE FUCKING QUIET BECAUSE ICY EYES IS ASLEEP!" I yelled back.

"I'm awake." Akira looked at both of us like she's done with life. "That's one way to wake up."

"Oh well," My damn old hag shrugged and went back downstairs.

"Good morning, Katsu." Akira greeted, yawning.

"Mornin,'" I grumbled.

Akira rolled off the bed and fell to the floor, not ready to wake up.

"You can sleep some more if you want," I suggested.

"As if I'll be able to sleep after your yelling." She scoffed. "Let's just go have breakfast."

We had eggs and bacon for breakfast. Akira helped the old hag with the dishes and followed me back to my room.

"You still have nightmares?" I asked casually, sitting at my study table.

"Yeah..." She ran a hand in her bedhead, evidently tensing up.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I did not want you to worry." She said, twiddling her thumbs. "Plus, it's just a stupid nightmare. It will pass."

"You're such a bad liar." I scoffed, hugging her.

"You're just good at reading me." She wrapped her arms around me.

"If you ever have nightmares when I'm not around, I want you to call me."

She looked at my face with surprise and then smirked teasingly.

"Katsuki's being a softie. I guess Sero was right."

"Fuck off." I pushed her away from me.

She chuckled and grabbed her hairbrush from the side table next to my bed. I had bought one and left it there since she came to sleepover very often.