Chapter Six

"I don't know anything about the shooting, Don Niko" she was on the verge of crying

May Summers, the only maid that was luckily left alive. She had taken two days' leave when Elijah Bolton's entire family was murdered. She was the only one who could tell me if that girl was telling the truth or not. She could be an imposter for all I know, I couldn't just take her word for it.

The story she made up was complete utter bullshit. What the fuck does Ignacio Reyes take me for? A fucking fool?

He really thought that he'd dangle a sweet piece of ass in front of me and it would throw me off my game? I'm not that weak when it comes to women. 

But fuck him for choosing the sexiest piece of ass in New York City.

The way she just stood there waiting for my command. How she acted as if I scared her. Her beautiful brown eyes were filled with fake innocence. How she flinched whenever I stepped closer to her. And her body... her fucking photoshopped body. I couldn't believe that an eighteen-year-old girl could have such perfect curves.

Ignacio must have thought hard and listed down every single fucking thing I liked in women and then chose this fucking girl to send my way.

I turned my attention back toward the maid, she was trembling like a fucking leaf.

I reclined back in my seat. "I didn't call you here for that. Tell me, did Bolton have a daughter hidden away?"

The maid visibly paled. "Yes, he did"

I frowned. "How?"

She looked down at the ground. "I wasn't allowed to talk to her, Don Niko. She was locked up in a room, I have seen her a few times but I never talked to her"

"Elijah Bolton kept a daughter hidden away for fucking eighteen years and no one knew about it"

It was a fucking hard pill to swallow.

"Don Niko, most of his servants have been loyal to him for years and none of us thought that him having a daughter was important enough to tell you. We thought you knew..."

She then went on to tell me everything she has heard or knew about Evangeline Bolton.

In the world that I grew up in, there weren't many things that surprised me but somehow this did.

All this time, I have been thinking about her being a pawn that Ignacio had sent my way but she was telling the fucking truth. Every word she had said was true.

We dug up Elijah Bolton's security camera footage, there was only one in the house, it was set in his living room. After going through hours of footage, my men only found Evangeline appear in it three times a day, just like she had said—breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

I shut the laptop's screen and rolled my neck to loosen the kink. I lit up a cigar and lodged it in my mouth.

Bianca entered my office, it had been three days since Evangeline Bolton has been staying in my house. I hadn't seen her after the first day in my office. I thought that all her crying and pleading was fucking fake but now that I know the truth, it amused me.