Chapter Sixty-Four

I have been awake for the past hour, Bianca was here with me, scolding me, telling me that this was the reason she was against the idea of me and Nikolai

I asked her multiple times if she knew who shot me but she evaded the topic like the plague.

"I had them call Niko, he will be here soon."

"Thank you, I really need to see him. He is not hurt, is he? The last thing I remember is blood. There was just so much of it, I didn't even know who it belonged to; me or Nikolai."

Bianca shook her head. "Niko is fine."

Just as the words left Bianca's mouth, Nikolai entered the bleak hospital room and I breathed out in relief as I saw him.

"You're here..." I whispered.

Nikolai glanced at Bianca and she awkwardly got up. "I'll leave you guys alone."

The second Bianca stepped out of the door, Nikolai came and sat beside the bed on the chair. He held my hand as his thumb stroked the back of my hand gently. "How are you feeling?"

"Good..." I smiled at him

He leaned over and placed a kiss on my forehead. His hair was wet, looked like he'd just taken a shower. "The doctors said you'll heal in no time, one to three weeks tops. I'm gonna sign the discharge form and then we'll go home," he explained everything gently but he seemed different. Like he was here but his mind was somewhere far away.

I raised my good arm and touched his face. "Are you okay? You seem tensed. If you're worried for me then I'm fine, it doesn't even hurt."

"Yes, because you're on a shitload of painkillers," he kissed the hand that was on his cheek and gave me a faint smile. "I'm fine and I'll be right back," saying that, he got up and walked out of the hospital's room, leaving me alone with bleak walls and the lingering sterile stench.

He seemed a little angry, was he angry with me? What did I do wrong? I replayed the whole day in my mind, thinking if something went wrong between us but I couldn't think of something. Maybe, he was just tensed because of the shooting that happened in broad daylight.

Nikolai walked back into the room, he pulled out a dress from the bag he was holding and showed it to me. "You need to change, I brought you a sleeveless dress, so, it doesn't hurt your arm."

I nodded and got off the bed, he helped me with it as I walked to the little changing area in the corner of the room.

I groaned as I tried to take off the hospital gown and Nikolai came beside me in a flash. He slowly took it off and then made me step into the dress as he pulled it up, so my arm wouldn't hurt.

"Come on, do you want me to pick you up?" he asked placing a hand on the small of my back. 

I smiled, he looked cute when he cared this much. "I got shot in the arm, my legs are fine."