Chapter Thirteen

I didn't step out of my room yesterday, I stayed inside even though I was extremely hungry but still I didn't step outside of this bedroom door

I didn't step out of my room yesterday, I stayed inside even though I was extremely hungry but still I didn't step outside of this bedroom door. There were no locks or bolts over it but the fear that has been engraved in my mind was too raw. I couldn't shake it off, even if I tried.

It was still early in the morning, and Nikolai or Scott hadn't come to my room. I brushed my teeth, showered, and dressed up in clean clothes. My stomach growled with hunger but I wrapped my arms around it, suppressing the sounds.

The door opened slightly and I got off my bed in a flash, my eyes tearing up again. I needed a list of rules, I needed to know what I can or can not do. Nikolai can't just expect me to know the rules of his house. He needs to tell me first, he needs to explain them to me.

If he had told me not to get out of my room, I would have never done it. I wasn't a brat, I would have listened to him.

I dropped my gaze to my feet, I didn't care if it angers him that I didn't look him in the eyes as I talked to him. "You can't punish me for that!" I snapped. "I didn't know, no one told me anything. No one said anything to me about staying in my room. If you want me to follow your rules, Nikolai, then give me a list! So, I would know what I am allowed to do or what I am not allowed to do. You can't just expect me to know all these things by myself!"

I finally looked up to see Scott instead of Nikolai, "Are you done?"

I breathed out and crossed my arms over my chest. I remembered how he treated me yesterday. How he dragged me around like an object and pushed me onto my bed.

"Did it make you feel good about yourself?" I asked.

Scott raised an eyebrow. "What?" he asked dryly.

"Pushing a girl around that is half your size!"

His lips twisted into a sinister smile. "It did," he nodded as if he was proud of himself.

I squinted my eyes at him. "I would love to see you getting tossed around the way you did to me!"

The playfulness fell from his face and got replaced by a dark and dangerous look. "If one more word came out of your mouth, I'm gonna bend you over my knee and I swear to god, I will spank you so fucking hard that you won't be able to sit for weeks"

The color drained from my face. The look on his face told me that he meant every single word he just said to me. But I won't give him the satisfaction that I got scared by his threat, I stuck my nose in the air.

"Why are you here?"

"Niko wants to see you, princess"

I don't know what got over me as I said. "What? I'm not sweet cheeks anymore?"

The corner of his lips tugged upwards like he wants to smile but he was trying hard to hide it.

"Come on, I don't have all day..."