Chapter Fifty-Four

I took off the gloves, tossing them out of the ring before I laid straight down on the boxing ring

I took off the gloves, tossing them out of the ring before I laid straight down on the boxing ring. Nikolai stood over me, watching me with a hint of a smile on his lips.

We'd been boxing for the past hour and he was barely out of breath and compared to him I was perspiring pretty heavily.

"Good girl," he said. "You did well today."

A full-blown smile crept on my lips. My chest filled with warmth, it wasn't every day that Nikolai appreciates or compliment me.

"I'm exhausted... I wanna sleep."

He frowned. "You woke up two hours ago."

I nodded, sitting up. "Yes, and now I'm tired again not all of us are vampires," then I shook my head. "No, vampires also sleep during the day, I have never seen you sleep since the day I got here."

He gave his head a shake as if finding this conversation ridiculous. "I sleep..." he just said.

I scoffed. "Barely... You will get sick."

"Are you worried for me?" he asked and I rolled my eyes at him not saying a word.

He let out a breath before giving me a half-smile that sent a funny feeling to my stomach. "You are good at it."

"At what?"

"Being a wife," he mumbled under his breath but I heard it.

I gasped, getting to my knees. "You said it again!"

He cocked an eyebrow. "What?"

"You said I will be a good wife"

He feigned innocence, oh my god, this man was anything but innocent. "I didn't say that"

"Of course you did, I heard you!"

He was standing tall before me with a water bottle in his hand, a towel draped over her naked, muscled, toned shoulder while I was on my knees before him. He took a step closer to me and suddenly this position felt wrong.

"I said you will be good at being a wife, I never said you will be a good wife."

That doesn't even make sense.

"Tomayto, tomahto" I exaggerated the words.

"It's a compliment, Angel."

"Yes, but why?"

He took another big step, his crotch was right in my face. I glanced at the bulge in his black boxer then looked up at him again.

"Do you have any idea how perfect you look on your knees in front of me?" his hand went to my hair and he wrapped my ponytail around his hand, tugging my head backward, straining my neck.

"Do you have any idea how perfect you are at not answering the questions you don't want to answer?"

He breathed out a laugh. "What do you want to know?"