Chapter Fifty-Three

"By the end of this week, you will be a married woman, Evangeline," I whispered on her lips

Her eyes went wide and all the color drained from her face. "No..."

She stopped struggling, her body went completely still. A beautiful little crinkle appeared between her brows, she was confused and she seemed a little scared.

"What do you mean?" she asked.

I gripped her wrists tighter. "You'll know soon, Angel."

"No, tell me now!" she demanded.

"Kiss me back and I will."

She shook her head. "Tell me first maybe then I will kiss you."

"I don't negotiate with little girls."

"Then I'm not going to kiss you back."

"Or I could just forcefully take what I want," I wasn't planning on doing something like that to her, I just enjoyed unnerving her.

She scowled, trying to fight me off her. "You wouldn't!"

"I'm not the man you want to mess with, Angel. I'm downright cruel and I've never pretended otherwise."

"You may be cruel but I know you can't hurt me, I know you won't hurt me, so, threaten me all you want, I don't care. They are nothing but empty threats."

I breathed out and let go of her wrists. I sat up, my knees resting on either side of her waist on the bed, her body caged between my legs. This is quite perfect, I loved how helpless she looked underneath me.

"You're fucking infuriating."

"Tell me what you mean by that. I don't want to get married, Nikolai. I'm just eighteen," she looked like a lamb facing off a butcher.

I wanted to tell her what I meant by that. Fuck, I wanted to write my name on her forehead to make her understand what I want. But it's better to just fucking let it go right now. She won't be able to handle it.

She looked up at me, innocence dripping from her soft features, her long dark hair sprawled all across the white sheets, the sight made my blood burn hotter. Every time my eyes met with hers, there was only one thought that ran through my mind that this girl... is fucking mine.

I placed my finger on her clavicle bone right beneath her neck, her eyes squinted as she tried to understand what I was doing.

I slowly moved my finger on her smooth skin. She trembled, and her breath hitched. She scowled as she realized that she was unable to contain her reaction to my touch.

I slowly wrote an N first, she could feel it, she could feel the pattern I was drawing on her skin.

"N..." she whispered and I gave her a half-smile.