Chapter One Hundred And Eleven

"B, I don't know why I am so damn nervous when I am already freakin' married!" I tugged at the wedding dress I was wearing, "Don't you think it's too tight?"

"Maybe because now you are getting married to the man you love..." she said as a matter of factly, standing behind me as the woman adjusted the dress.

I rolled my eyes, "He was always the man I loved..." I lightly touched the saleswoman's shoulder, "I don't think it's the right dress for me..."

She gave me a polite smile, "I'll bring out a few more dresses, Mrs. Costello."

Bianca blew out a raspberry, "Nope, he was the man you admired, you had a teen girl crush on him. My brother, Niko is a handsome man, I have seen how girls throw themselves at him; you were just one of them that's why you jumped into marriage with him without even understanding what it was. You first married him because you wanted him but now it's different. Now you are marrying him because you love him, you need him because he is the only man you want in your life. Now, you're nervous because you understand what marriage means, it's way more than just love. It's the man you want to spend the rest of your life with. It's companionship for life..."

I smiled and looked down at the ugly wedding dress I was trying on. The way she described a marriage was beautiful and scary at the same time. The day I got married to Nikolai before was all hazy in my mind, it happened all so fast, and it was all so weird that I didn't give it a second thought. All I wanted at the time was to never lose him. She's right, I craved him, I was extremely attracted to him but now it's different, now I love him with every fiber of my being.

The saleswomen brought out a few more dresses, we were standing in the store of New York City's most famous and exclusive wedding gown designer. Each of these dresses cost more than I could imagine and I still couldn't find the right one for me.

"I don't like them..." I told her sheepishly, she was still sweet to me as she nodded and went back to where she came from, I know by now she was annoyed by me.

We went over all the wedding dresses for another hour until I finally found what I was looking for and when my eyes fell on that perfect dress my heartbeat stopped just like it stops when I look at Nikolai.

┈┈┈┈․° ☣︎ °․┈┈┈┈

Bachelorette party, I really didn't want one because I wasn't really a bachelorette but Bianca insisted.

She said she never got to throw me one and now was a perfect time, as my Matron of Honor—she was taking it quite seriously—she took care of everything. She made a list of my and Nikolai's likes and dislikes, she wanted all of it to be a perfect blend of both of us. As I read those lists, I realized Nikolai didn't have many likes while the list of dislikes was too long, the likes part only had one thing listed—Evangeline. A blush crept up my cheeks and I handed the list back to her.