Chapter Thirty

The only girl he ever dated?

I swallowed and looked her up and down. Like the rest of Bianca's friends, she was gorgeous. Platinum blonde hair, blue eyes, full lips, sharp features, and legs for days.

Is that the type of girl Nikolai usually fall in love with? I was not as tall as her, I was a brunette with dark eyes. He did call me hot the other day but he made it clear to me before we did this that I shouldn't expect anything from him and this relationship, it was purely physical, more like he was introducing me to the world of sex, helping me become a woman only because I had asked him to.

Now that I think about it. If I hadn't asked him to touch me, would he have done it? I squeezed my eyes shut and tried to suppress all these unwanted thoughts. I wanted to enjoy the night with Bianca, it was my first time at a nightclub and here I was thinking about Nikolai Costello.

"So, what are you to him?" she pressed, trying to get information out of me about my relationship with Nikolai.

"I live with him," I said, it was the simplest explanation. It's how it started. My parents died and he took the poor stray orphan Evangeline into his home.

"I haven't seen you before with Bianca or anyone..."

"My parents were murdered recently, Nikolai took me in" I answered, looking down at my lap.

Her lips parted. "Aw, you poor little thing, I'm so sorry"

I gave her a smile with difficulty. "It's okay, I'm fine now"

"What's your name?"

"Evangeline... What's yours?"

"Nice to meet you, Evangeline. I'm Katerina"

"Your accent is not---"

She cut me off. "I'm Russian"

More drinks were served and in my turmoil, I drowned every single drink that was presented to me, no matter what it was, how it tasted, or what it will do to me.

"Let's go dance!" Bianca held my wrists as all of her friends made their way to the dance floor.

Bianca jumped up and down to the beat, her hair freely flowing around. Most of the guys in the club were staring at her and her friends. As the music continued to pump and the alcohol coursed through my veins. I felt myself letting loose and my body began to move to the beat.

Bianca hyped me up and danced with me. I laughed uncontrollably, my hands in my hair, and then slid down my body. My hips rolled with the upbeat music. I have never had this much fun before.

I didn't know what time it was but I could feel my body get tired from the continuous exertion on the dance floor. We wobbled back to our seats, I almost tripped in my heels but Katerina held me up.

We were a mess, drunk out of our minds. We slumped into our seats and laughed over a joke Bianca made. I really thought that we will have a big birthday party where Bianca will cut a cake or things like that but no. Apparently, this is how big girls celebrate their birthdays. I still think there's nothing wrong with cutting a cake.