Chapter One Hundred And Twelve

THREE MONTHS BEFORE THE BOLTON'S FAMILY MASSACRE

"Mama?!" I went into my parents' home, looking for my mother, "Mama?!"

"Niko!" her voice filled my ears and my attention snapped in its direction of it.

She stepped out of the kitchen immediately, her face contorting with glee as she saw me, and a wide smile appeared. A maid helped her take the apron off and she came running toward me.

My mother, my beautiful mama.

She pulled me in a hug, wrapping her arms around me. I rested my chin above her head and smiled, hugging her back. "Oh, I was so scared. I prayed day and night for you to come home safely. I hate this, Niko, first your father and now you. Every time you and your father stay away from home for more than a week, I die a little from the inside, Durak!"

"I came to you the second the plane landed," I told her.

She pulled back and held my hand, taking me to a couch, "Okay, what did you bring for your mama from Sicily?"

She watched me with hopeful big blue eyes, I furrowed my eyebrows, playfully. "Was I supposed to bring you something?"

She visibly deflated. She loved it when Pops and I showered her with gifts, she was the only woman in our life and being the only princess of the Bratva, she was utterly spoiled by her older brother as well, "You didn't bring me a gift?"

I lifted a shoulder, lighting up a cigar. She hates smoking, "I must have forgotten."

She slapped the back of my head, pulling the cigar out of my mouth and throwing it on the floor. "Ublydok! Just like your father."

She stood up and started yelling in Russian, telling me that she won't ever talk to me if I ever smoked in front of her again. I know she hates smoking and it pisses her off more when I smoke. I held her hand, stopping her from going back into the kitchen.

"Let me go before the food gets burned. You know what? Let it burn, this is what you and your father deserves!"

I pulled out a diamond ring from my pocket and put it on her middle finger right next to her wedding ring. Her eyes shined and she smiled before slapping the back of my head once more, "Why do you like to make me so angry?"

I got up and pressed a kiss on the top of her head, "Because you look cutest when you're mad, mama"

Her eyes went behind me and the smile got replaced by a scowl, "Mudak!"

I was taken aback, "What did I do now?"

"Not you, your papa," she gestured behind me.

Father entered with Elijah Bolton, he handed him some files before his eyes landed on mama and he smiled after a fucking week, "Beautiful Anastasia," he grinned at her.