🦋Forgot something - NR.

Y/n POV:

I'm almost done with filling in the missing data into the documents Mr. Stark wants me to hand in today evening and.... shit it's almost 10. Ok you might forget what I just said it's gonna be a tonight.

I make my way to the printer and print out a huge pile of sheets with all the things he requested. I'm new here and so I want to impress him, soooo I did everything he requested for the whole rest of the week.

You might wanna think omg why u so nerdy, just separate your work and do a little bit every day but no this is so not me.

When the printing process was done I put the sheets perfectly together into a pile and grab my bag and coat and leave my office, locking the door and turning off the light.

Then I make my way to his office on the top floor of course. On my way to the elevators I meet Maria. She seems nice, but really busy and stressed always, so we didn't got the chance yet to speak to each other than a simple hello and bye just to be polite.

"What are you still doing here? Stark kept you busy huh?" she chuckles pressing the elevator button.

"Yea- Uhm NO" oh lord think Y/n she's his right assistant. Don't talk shit about ur boss.

"No I just really wanted to finish this and so.. yea" I blurt out immediately correcting myself.

"Yea right" she chuckles "You're going down to the garage?" she asks nodding to one of the elevator doors that just opened.

"No I just need to hand this in real quick" I say pressing the up button outside the elevator so another one comes.

"Okay then, see you tomorrow I guess" she smiles at me before entering the elevator, pressing garage level.

"Yupp, good night Miss Hill" I smile at her shyly.

"It's Maria and a good night you too Miss March" she smirks as the door closes.

"It's Y/n-" I murmur but was cut off as she reached with her hand through the door stopping it from closing.

"Wear them down" she exclaims, nodding at me.

"I am- wh- sorry what do you mean?" I ask her confused, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Your hair, you should wear them down" she smirks at me as she steps back again.

"Thanks" I smile at her so not self confident and shy "Good night Maria" I say at her flustered, while my eyes flicker from floor to her face.

"Night Y/n" she smiles as the door finally closes.

As soon as asmall sigh leaves my mouth the second elevator door opens and I get into the small cabin.

I look into the mirror and stare into my face, taht long until I realized maybe my hair really look better down. So I pull out my hair clipper and let my y/h/c hair cascade down my shoulders. It really does change something-

The ding from the elevator door rips me out of my thoughts and I collect myself walking out into Mr. Starks offices direction.

When I carefully knock at the door I don't hear any response. Did he already leave?

I check my phone and it's about a quarter past 10 pm. Then I take a deep breath and decide to put the documents onto his desk so when he comes to work tomorrow he can already use what I researched and filled in.

So I grab the pile out of my bag, while opening the door, blurting into the room, getting to his desk still focused on the pile of paper.

"You know this is very impolite" a husky deep but female voice says as I almost reach the desk.