birthday

A/N: boooo i lost motivation towards the end so don't mind that. this is literally such a random plot but i don't care🙏 also, i'm going to be updating my zombie apocalypse au book more often so!

1,014 words

Finney and Robin have been long distance since they both have gone to college. Finney goes to one right out of state, in oklahoma. Robin goes to one still in colorado, upstate.

"Why is it so cold?" Finney mumbles to himself. He was currently waiting at the train station, planning to surprise Robin.

It was February, Robins birthday month. The boys birthday is tomorrow, and they haven't seen eachother since thanksgiving. Finney decided it would be nice to visit the other boy. He missed him.

Finally the train arrives 8 minutes later, and Finney gets one. He finds his seat, putting his headphones on. He sighs, preparing himself for the 5 hour train ride ahead of him.

-
-

Finneys nose wrinkles up when he steps into the taxi that smells like stale chips and ass. "Uh, just take me here." He says, showing the driver the address for Robins apartment.a lo

The driver grunts in response, and starts driving.

-
-

Finney hums to himself as he walks up the stairs to Robins apartment. He has a key so he can get in himself, since the other boy is in his class right now.

He sighs as he opens the apartment door, immediately welcoming the warmth of the cozy apartment.

He shuts the door, hanging up his winter coat on the hook by the door. The apartment smells like Robin, cinnamon and whatever the boy had cooked for breakfast that morning.

Finney checks the clock on the wall, 1:38 pm. Robin would be getting home at around 6 tonight, since he usually went to the gym after his classes.

Finney let's out a content sigh, going into Robins bedroom, and laying down on the boys bed. He sets an alarm for 5, and immediately falls asleep.

-
-

Finney wakes up, looking at his phone, 6:47 pm. Finney shoots up from the bed, did his alarm not go off?

He freezes when he hears the tv from the living room on. That means Robin is home.

Finney rubs his hands over his face, quietly groaning. He goes to the mirror, making sure he looks presentable, nodding at himself when he's finished.

He quietly turns the doorknob, exiting the room. He walks down the short hallway, peeking around the wall where the living room is.

Robin is sitting up on the couch, no shirt, and black sweats on. His hair is down, reaching just past his shoulders. He's clearly interested in what's on the tv, a stupid action movie.

Finney smiles at the sight, talking a deep breath in, and walking out into the living room. He stands right next to Robin, infront of the couch.

At first Robin doesn't notice him, but a few seconds later he glances over, gasping when he sees his boyfriend.

Robin stands up from the couch, immediately picking Finney up, and bringing him into the tightest hug.

Finney laughs, wrapping his legs around Robins waist, clinging onto him.

"What the fuck Finn? When did you get here?" Robins asks into Finneys ear. Finney shivers at the contact.

"I got here at like 1, but then fell asleep in your room." Finney says, laughing at himself. Robin laughs aswell, stuffing his face into Finneys neck.

Robin sits down on the couch again, arms relaxing from around Finneys back. Finney backs away from Robin, straddling the boy now.

He looks over Robins face, body feeling fuzzy when he sees Robin staring back at him with a lovesick smile on his face.

Finney leans down, hovering his lips over Robins own. He inwardly laughs when he hears Robin groan. He decides to save Robin from his misery, and finally kisses the boy.

Robin immediately kisses back, bringing Finney impossibly closer by his waist. Finney breaks away from the kiss, breathing heavy.

Robin looks at him with a desperate look, one that Finney cannot resist.

After a few seconds though, Robin immediately goes straight to work at Finneys neck, leaving small bruises along it.

Finney let's out shallow breaths, feeling like he's on cloud 9. Finney pushes Robin away from his neck once he gets close to the collar of his shirt.

"Have you eaten?" Finney asks, rubbing Robins cheek with his thumb. Robin hums, "No, wasn't hungry." Robin admits.

"I doubt that, you're always hungry." Finney says, cocking an eyebrow up at the boy. "Shut up." Robin mumbles, burying his face into Finneys chest.

Finney smiles, running a hand through Robins hair. "Come on, let's make something." Finney says, trying to get Robins arms off of him.

"No, we can make something later." Robin says, looking at Finney with an unreadable expression.

Finney sighs, knowing he won't be able to convince the other boy. It's not like he doesn't want to do it anyways.

"Fine, after though." Finney says, giving Robin a stern look. Robin immediately grins, grabbing Finneys hand, leading him to the room.

-
-

Robin stretches his back as he walks out of the bedroom, groaning. He finds Finney reading the instructions on the back of a pasta box.

Robin goes up to him, taking Finneys head into his hands, and kissing his forehead.

"What are we going to make chef?" Robin asks, smiling cheekily. "Chicken alfredo." Finney reply's, shrugging.

"Sounds good." Robin reply's, going over to a cabinet to grab a pot.

-
-

"Best cook ever." Robin says, laying his head down on Finneys chest. "Mmm, i wouldn't say the best, but I am pretty decent I guess." Finney says, smirking.

Robin pinches Finneys thigh, making him wince. "Shut up." Robin says.

Finney looks over the the clock in the nightstand, reading 12:03 at night.

He looks down at the boy on his chest, finding out that he is already asleep.

"Happy birthday baby." Finney whispers out into the quiet room. He can feel Robin squeeze his waist in response.

may have mistakes.