lunch table

A/N: this is kinda based off of what i did when i saw someone sitting by himself so i invited them to sit with my friends and i🫡 (without the romance and shit💀)

1,385 words

Robin let's out a deep breath as he sits at his usual seat in the cafeteria. Vance side eyes him from beside him. "The fuck is wrong with you?" Vance asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Nothing, just some dickheads trying to start shit with me. I'm not going to do anything about it though." Robin explains, grabbing a grape from off of Billys tray, earning him a glare from the boy.

"Why not? Atleast say something to them." Vance argues, taking a bite from his chicken sandwich. "No, I won't. If I do it'll turn nasty, and i'm trying not to get suspended anymore this year." Robin says, messing with the rip that's on his jeans knee.

"You've only got suspended once though, that's like a new record for you." Vance says, wiping his hands on his jeans.

"Shut the fuck up. Yo, Bruce." Robin says, catching Bruce's attention from where he is across from Vance.

"Hm?" Bruce replies, running a hand through his hair that's in need of a haircut. "Can you maybe go buy me some lunch? It would be so very kind of you." Robin asks, sticking his bottom lip out, pouting.

"Sure, whatever asshole." Bruce says, standing up with a scowl. Robin snorts as he watches Bruce walk away.

He looks infront of him where Billy is talking enthusiastically to Griffin about his new favorite show.

He sighs, turning back to Vance who is currently eating his dry ass chicken sandwich like he's about to die. (just like me fr💀.)

"Vance, calm the fuck down it's not going anywhere." Robin says, trying to stop his laugh. "Leave me alone bro." Vance says, mouth full of food.

"Oh shit, I just remembered what I was gonna tell you." Vance says, turning more towards Robin.

Robin motions for him to continue.

"There's a new kid in my english class right, motherfucker acts weird as shit. Looks kinda weird too." Vance rants.

Robin scoffs, "Leave the guy alone. He's probably just nervous, shit I would be." He says, stealing a french fry from Vance.

After a few moments of silence, "Shit, that's him!" Vance says a little too loud, pointing directly at him.

"Shut up idiot!" Robin says, grabbing Vance's arm to put it down.

Robin looks in the direction Vance was pointing too, frowning immediately.

The boy was sitting by himself, at the edge of the table away from the other group of students sitting at the same one.

The boys head was down, resting it on the table. Robin stared at the curly mess of brown hair for awhile.

He's interrupted when a tray slams infront of him, he looks up to find Bruce glaring at him, before he goes to sit down on the other side of Vance.

Robin runs a hand through his hair, opening his milk carton. He sits there for a bit, pondering something. Fuck it, he decides.

"Hey Vance, i'll be right back dude." Robin says, punching Vance's shoulder, before standing up. He lets out a breath, walking across the cafeteria.

He finally stops right beside the boy, who still has his head down, unaware of an awkward Robin standing beside him.

Robin frowns, before softly placing his hand on the boys shoulder, shaking it lightly. The boy startles, his head shooting up, looking up at Robin with confusion and fear.