Chapter 1

"... You actually did it," Adrian said, hand over his chin while staring at me in a mix of disbelief and awe.

          "You said you would forgive me after I became a Perfect, I'm a Perfect, do you forgive me?" I bat my lashes at him, spinning to show him the uniform not that different. The formal uniform was, but the one I wore was the training uniform. The one you wear to classes. The blouse black and unfitted, the shorts just above the knee and the very same color. I was wearing the warm uniform but it was getting hotter so I was perfectly allowed to.

        "I... Did say I would," He sighed crossing his arms and looking me over again, still not believing his eyes. "Did you just, like, ugh, how?" He groaned, rubbing his temple.

        "I thought my business was my business?" I grinned wiggling my brows as I bounced over to him.

        "Usually, yes, but this? Seriously? That's not even possible. I was genuinely prepared to hold a grudge for one or two years and you just go and do it in a week?"

         "Oh, I would have had it done sooner but I got into this wild argument with my dad about something so it took a hot minute to convince him to sign the papers," I hummed, untucking the blouse, the proper look just to show off. "Now then, want to go show off to Alex and Ari?" I grinned, stepping to his side expectingly, his arm hesitantly hovering over my shoulder before he sighed and dropped it there.

          "Why not?" He rolled his eyes, pulling me closer than usual, his grip tight for a moment before loosening. Glancing at his hand I didn't comment and instead began to poke fun at him.

        "I can do anything if it's to get your forgiveness," I hummed, looking up at him smugly while he raised a brow and shook his head with a chuckle.

         "Apparently, you can, in fact, do even the impossible," He agreed as our feet continued before he stopped. "Oh fu-riiicker I will be right back, I have to go talk to my roommate real quick, I told him we would hang out," He moved to turn around, my feet following after him, and just as we got back to his door he sighed and looked down at me with a raised brow. "Stay here," I raised both brows and he added with a smile. "Please."

         "You never let us come to your room- or, well, me, Alex apparently knew where it was and Ari was the one that told me where it was, I'm the only one that hasn't met him!" I whined pulling at his sleeve like a child, giving the biggest puppy eyes possible.

          "Oh you know that's cheating," he narrowed his eyes at me but I just added a pout, my eyes tearing up. "Oh for the love of- okay! Fine, you can met him but he has no filter and I would really rather you two don't meet because I can only imagine-" The door opened to a faun with a flat look.

           "I can feel the insults," He said while I blinked and looked him over, his tan skin without any blemishes, his flat nose slightly leathered, his horns small but certainly notable, his hoofs dark, and his hair a blondish brown. "Never seen a Faun?" He asked looking me over weirdly as I practically vibrated.

          "He's my height! How dare you hide someone my height with nothing but giants around?!" I shouted, leaping at the unnamed boy who jumped as my arms locked around him. Clicked my tongue immediately, him still being taller than me.

         "Did you just tsk?! You jumped on me! What the fu-" I was quickly picked up from behind, my feet dangling under me as I blinked.

          "This is why. This is the exact reason why," He sighed loudly behind me, walking into his room like I weighed nothing. "You have no sense of personal space with specific people and I kinda figured short people were included, I was right,"

        "Who is this chick? Why is she-" He waved at me exasperated while I looked down at my still bare feet as they gently dangled before they found the ground.

         "Names Lilith" I thrust my hand at him while he looked between me and Adrian, who was sighing again and pushing my hand back to my side gently.

           "You're friends with a fifth year? No, wait, you're friends with a Perfect? You? I thought you hated-"

          "Lilith is a first-year," He narrowed his eyes at his roommate while I glanced between them. Hate? What does he hate? Authority? I mean, yeah, but Perfects hardly have any. Goodie goodies? Ooooh rightttttt. Why did he want me to be a Perfect then?

          "A first year? You aren't that bad of a liar," he rolled his eyes crossing his arms but Adrain just stared back at him flatly. "... You're kidding?"

         "Oh! I'm also the apprentice of the council!" I added raising my hand and gaining both of their attention at that.

         "Wha- like the headmaster?" Adrain recovered quickly, his roommate did not. Staring at me like I was crazy.

          "I would rather skin him alive," I said bluntly, to be bound to one in such a manner would mean I was going to either die or they were. And they sure are stronger than me. "No, like, all of them. I have an apprenticeship with the council, not the members, so even if they get removed or die I'm still perfectly fine in my standing," I explained looking up at him with a smile, he opened his mouth before closing it.

         "Who has the book? Alex? Ari?" He asked, walking out of the room without saying anything else. Staring at his quick retreat I blinked before looking at the boy probably only a few inches taller than me.

        "So what's your name?" I asked, knowing I would easily be able to find Adrian later.

         "I- You know what, I ain't in the mood for this dude, you go with him, I'll pretend I didn't hear that, and maybe never meet you again," he began to push me out of the room while I opened my mouth bewildered at the reaction. I expected him to seize the opportunity of a powerful friend- not kick me out.

          "You don't what to be my friend?" I asked over my shoulder while he stopped pushing me with a disbelieving look.

           "That sounds like so much trouble, no," With that, he shut the door in my face leaving me to gap. He just said I was too much trouble! Is this what it means to have no filter?! Wait, I don't really have one either. Hmm. Shrugging I began my way after the long-legged Adrian.