Chapter 12

Blinking at the faun of similar height to me, I closed the door behind me, the screaming disappearing immediately while he stared behind me wide-eyed. "Why are you here?" I asked, dropping into the chair next to him and leaning exceptionally close.

          "I, uh," He looked between me and the door, "I was going to talk to the headmaster about my, uh, my grades?" He questioned unsure and scooting away.

        "Why? He doesn't care about whether we live or die?" I asked genuinely surprised he would even bother. Edward made it a point to let any and everyone within a ten-meter radius know just how much he disliked being put in charge of children.

          "I- for the love of all that is holy, this is why I didn't want to meet again. You've got to be a magnet for trouble. There's no way you're here because you're worried about your grades as an irregular," he sighed, putting his face in his hands while I hummed. He was right after all, I couldn't care less about what Edward thought of my grades, and I had no reason to be worried about them. They were perfect.

         But an irregular, huh? I suppose he's one too. I guess he didn't want to get weeded out like the others? Which is like so tragic, I would have loved to get weeded out. Unfortunately, I can't let that happen. Not now at least.

          "Worried about your grades? What kind of freak are you?" I asked tilting my head with a friendly smile. He stared for a long moment before getting up but before he could run I had already grabbed hold of his wrist, my smile extra friendly. With that, he sat back down defeated.

         "I just wanted to live a peaceful school life," He practically cried into his arm while I patted his back.

           "Too late for that!" I grinned while he just curled further into himself with a loud groan, "Sooo~?" I pressed making him click his tongue, the fake tears done.

          "I'm a nature mage," he glared making me blink at the declaration.

           "You have a roommate, though?" I asked confused while he groaned and put his face back in his hands.

           "I knowwwww," He whined, "He's such a bastard toooo, all he does is bring people back to our room and kick me outttttt. That fucking playbooyyyy," He cried real actual tears while I stared, my hand returning to his back. That's mean. He shouldn't be kicking his roommate out just to fool around. That's what the showers are for.

         "So, how're your bursts with a roommate?" I asked with a hum, his crying pausing.

        "I'd feel bad if he wasn't a bastard," He deadpanned, tears still on his cheeks. Staring at him I couldn't help but tilt my head. He sure is fun to watch, isn't he?

          "But he is?" I smiled putting my chin on my hand, and resting my arm on my leg.

          "So I don't feel bad," He nodded grimly making me snort.

          "Is that the only thing?" I doubt it, nature mages were similar to glass mages in terms of mana output but they could be considered more useful on the battlefield, though not exactly popular they weren't seen as a complete nuisance.

           "I'm a faun," He stated like I did not already know. Waiting for him to continue he squinted at me lightly before doing so, "... And a paladin." My brows raised at that. A lead paladin? He couldn't even kill people without risking being cast away from whatever god chose him. If anything they usually went to work under their church and only ever met with a battlefield if absolutely necessary... Yet he was here.

         "... That's not too bad," I shrugged, he was likely to be shipped off to his church after graduation or if he flunked out. I didn't exactly see the issue. He had a nice little safety net.

       "My primary weapon is a hammer," he deadpanned while I quickly covered my mouth looking away from him. "You just laughed, didn't you?" He narrowed his eyes while I shook my head.

        "No, it, uh, it was just a bit unexpected," I cleared my throat. A paladin with a hammer? A paladin so small with a hammer? A small lead paladin with nature magic and a hammer? "I'm a glass mage," I stated while his narrowed eyes blinked.

         "Right? Righttt," He paused, looking at his hands at the reminder, "What class?"

         "Rogue,"

          "Primary?"

          "Bow,"

          ".... You're a lead?" He asked, all of the disrespect in his voice as he did, his face a rude disbelief.

          "I don't want to hear that Paladin," I snickered rolling my eyes and leaning back in my chair, my hands placed between my knees and my legs kicking.

          "Hey! Gods, why are you even here?" He shot and my laugh paused. Righttttttttt.

         "Promise not to run?" I asked peeking at him from under my lashes, he, however, was getting up in record time. Grabbing him just as quickly as I had the first time he stared off into space while still standing before slowly sitting back down. "I got into a hall fight with a fourth-year perfect!" I stated while he very quickly tried to run again. This time, I pulled him back to his chair myself.

        "... A fourth-year perfect, huh," His voice was casual but he looked as if he had already accepted his death.

         "Yep! She was just beating on me at first but you know, I was going to be late to class so," I shrugged, his wrist very much so still in my grasp, "One thing led to another, and suddenly we were using magic, then I was getting dragged here as if someone died. Can you believe that?! I was the one that got all beat up!" I huffed, rolling my eyes.

          "That... Sounds like such a bummer." Staring at him from the corner of my eye I hummed. I think he might break if I say more.

          "Lilith," Came the stoney voice as the door opened, hopping out of the chair I let him go as James was tossed out like a corpse.

          "Well then, see you later Jake!" I waved just before the large hand had taken hold of my skull and dragged me into the abyss of his office with a bone-crushing grip.